Flattening the Curve?

“We've seen a 40% increase in calls to the suicide prevention line just in the last month,” said Dr. Jonathan Porteus, chief executive officer for WellSpace.

The hotline typically gets 3,300 calls a month – but in March in peaked at 4,713.

The cries for help started rising with the spread of the coronavirus, Dr. Porteus said.

“People are talking about the economic consequences of the coronavirus,” Porteus said.

Source - KCRA channel 3 Sacramento, CA.

Can’t lie. It sad that so many people will end their lives because they put their faith and livelihood into a bunch of billionaires who really don’t care about them. We tried to tell y’all.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And when we are 100% sure that EVERYONE is safe from the virus is when we will be able to be “normal”’again.

Just because you hope everything will be fine doesn’t mean it will. Lack of preparation is what got us in this mess in the first place. You’d think folks would eventually prepare for the inevitable.

Normal is not coming back with the flip of a light switch, we could be 12 months or more away from the vaccine. Let’s say we open the country 100% in May 2021, it will take months if not longer to get spending back on track.

Normal is not coming back with the flip of a light switch, we could be 12 months or more away from the vaccine. Let’s say we open the country 100% in May 2021, it will take months if not longer to get spending back on track.

That is exactly what I am preparing my family for.

Can’t lie. It sad that so many people will end their lives because they put their faith and livelihood into a bunch of billionaires who really don’t care about them. We tried to tell y’all.

What about the people who put their faith in Bobby’s burger stand? You can’t avoid revenue/income in this country or anywhere else. Your anger is misplaced, this is about all jobs not just the top 1%.

What about the people who put their faith in Bobby’s burger stand? You can’t avoid revenue/income in this country or anywhere else. Your anger is misplaced, this is about all jobs not the top 1%.

Nah. You still don’t get it.

It’s all good though. Most folks don’t.

Nah. You still don’t get it.

It’s all good though. Most folks don’t.

Oh no I get it and think I just pointed it out to you. This is about everyone, regardless if you work for a Fortune 500 or a small business. A lot of people are suffering. We must flatten the curve, that’s indisputable. But if we think free money is the answer for the next 12-18 months, I think that’s a risky plan and even if it works, it will would create a ton of debt that has to be paid back in taxes. Not too mention, it will probably take a lot for people to want to go earn money again.

This is a multifaceted problem and something we will tell our great grandkids about.

I’m hoping the virus models are correct with showing decline in May and gone in June. By fall will be a therapeutic of some type. Testing 17 different ones now. Distributed Bio has antibodies for Covid they created from similar SARS antibodies and say they work. Will test over summer and should be available for compassionate use in September.