Lee 68 Jackson City 66

thought jackson would pull this one out... if a few shots would have fell the game would have went the other way. Kilburn and Howard both played good games as well as Watkins and Davidson look for j-city to be a force the rest of the year. You can never count them out. Everybody said they would lose by double digits and they had lee reeling. You cant fight the heart they have and with coach hall at the top they can never go wrong watch out for jackson the rest of the year

I agree with LCBF here, the whole 'if' game happened with the Lee/Estill game, yes they opportunities to win as did Lee but they were the one's the capitalized.

Kenny Brandenburg played great in the 4th, not sure of his numbers but played as though he wasn't going to let his team lose. Lee kept their composure while some players for Jackson City seemed to be bothered by some Lee fans in the crowd.

It was a great game to watch and could have went either way at any time......Brandenburg did lead his team to a good win........Jackson City played a good game but the lack of bench players had to of played factor........I only saw 1 player sub in off the JC bench(did I see right?).......whereas lee had Twin23 and Dunaway with some good mins tonight off the bench.

great game tonite in Jackson City, both teams played with heart, hitting big shots to take lead. Lead changed around 10 times in the fourth quarter. Davidson was unconscious for JC and Brandenburg refused to lose for Lee. Landon Johnson hot some big shots late for Lee Co. Aaron Charles played with strep throat but played very hard. Coach Wright has Lee at 4 - 1 early on and now he will prepare them for 2 district games next week. Lotsa love out to Coach Wright I assure everyone he will not get out worked. Respect to Coach Hall and the Tigers from Bobcat land.

While Lee County made some critical errors, I believe the boys played their hearts out. Kenny Brandenburg was a warrior on the floor, and drove inside several times to ensure the foul and then hit his critical free throws. Toward the end of the game Kenny led the team to a victory. Another stellar starter for Lee was Landon Johnson, who while impacting the game somewhat quietly, impacts the game in a major way. Caleb Fetters played well when he drove to the inside and took on his defenders, however seemed to have a little difficulty getting his jump shot to fall. I really think Lee County played their hearts out and I love to see a team with this much heart! While Lee's offense may still be struggling somewhat...they are really hitting their free throws well; which in many games makes the difference. Jackson City is a tough team and this loss takes nothing away from them. They played hard and well and deserve much recognition for their game tonight. Tiger fans have nothing to be ashamed of, they have a talented and hard playing team. I wish them the best in their future games.

in my recent post i wasnt taking anything from lee just saying jackson missed alot of easy shots and if those shots fell then they would have pulled out the victory. Great game lee county i think its safe to say Kenny Brandenburg is the best Point Guard in the region.

in my recent post i wasnt taking anything from lee just saying jackson missed alot of easy shots and if those shots fell then they would have pulled out the victory. Great game lee county i think its safe to say Kenny Brandenburg is the best Point Guard in the region.

Most folks didn't take it that way and I agree with you 100%. Jackson could have and perhaps should have won this game. With 5 ticks left on the clock and the ball under your own basket and down 1, you have to take an inside shot instead of being caught out on the perimeter with the ball.

What this game demonstrated was that 1- If Lee is a true contender as posters have claimed, then Jackson has to be considered in the hunt also. or 2- In the early going these two teams are second tier teams in the 14th.

I was at the game and just an observer but IMO Jackson has 3-4 kids that play with a lot of intensity but one or two that don't always keep their heads in the game and get careless with passes and silly fouls. I think that if everyone can get focused they can be a real solid team this year.

Most folks didn't take it that way and I agree with you 100%. Jackson could have and perhaps should have won this game. With 5 ticks left on the clock and the ball under your own basket and down 1, you have to take an inside shot instead of being caught out on the perimeter with the ball. What this game demonstrated was that 1- If Lee is a true contender as posters have claimed, then Jackson has to be considered in the hunt also. or 2- In the early going these two teams are second tier teams in the 14th.

I was at the game and just an observer but IMO Jackson has 3-4 kids that play with a lot of intensity but one or two that don't always keep their heads in the game and get careless with passes and silly fouls. I think that if everyone can get focused they can be a real solid team this year.

From being at the game, I thought the exact same thing. I don't see how they could pass it out almost the half-court line in that situation. Kilburn appeared to be open right under the basket on that play, and maybe they just missed him.

Lets not play the "if" game. It takes away from the victory. Jackson did impress me and played well, but Lee showed composure and, although a nail biter, moves to 4-1.

Jackson City is one of the toughest places to play in the 14th - if you can get out of there with a win - you have accomplkished something.

Congrats Lee you have a good ballclub.

Now back to Tuesday night.... If Estill had hit..... :laugh:

Jackson City is one of the toughest places to play in the 14th - if you can get out of there with a win - you have accomplkished something.

Congrats Lee you have a good ballclub.

Now back to Tuesday night.... If Estill had hit..... :laugh:

Haha....only If....but I agree with you that place was rocking last night....

Jackson is without question one of the best teams in the region, probably the best in the 55th. Lee beat them on their home floor, in front of a partisan Jackson crowd. Not a lot of "ifs" here, guys. Lee played and won a big game. Shots don't fall like they should? That's the object of the game, to put the ball through the hoop. When that doesn't happen enough, you lose. Next time may be different, Lee is not that much better than Jackson, but last night, Jackson COULDN'T have won, they didn't score enough points. They SHOULDN'T have won either, for the same reason.