Lee 68 Jackson City 66

Jackson is without question one of the best teams in the region, probably the best in the 55th. Lee beat them on their home floor, in front of a partisan Jackson crowd. Not a lot of "ifs" here, guys. Lee played and won a big game. Shots don't fall like they should? That's the object of the game, to put the ball through the hoop. When that doesn't happen enough, you lose. Next time may be different, Lee is not that much better than Jackson, but last night, Jackson COULDN'T have won, they didn't score enough points. They SHOULDN'T have won either, for the same reason.

That doesn't make any sense to me. They could have won if they had made their last shot and they maybe should have won if they had a better look on that last shot.

Jackson City is one of the toughest places to play in the 14th - if you can get out of there with a win - you have accomplkished something.

Congrats Lee you have a good ballclub.

Now back to Tuesday night.... If Estill had hit..... :laugh:

I wonder if its as tough as Estill? :lol: Just a little humor there UpnDown, but congrats to Jackson City on a good performance and congrats to the Bobcats as well. At the beginning of the year I figured Jackson wouldn't even be the favorite in their district, but again they have proved everyone wrong. The Tigers might not only be the best team in their district, but one of the tops in the region as well.

That doesn't make any sense to me. They could have won if they had made their last shot and they maybe should have won if they had a better look on that last shot.

Let me explain, then. They DIDN'T hit their last shot, which left Jackson with 66 points at the end of the game. Lee had 68 points at the end of the game, and paraphrasing the rules, the team with the most points shall win the game. 68 is two more than 66. Lee should win. Jackson couldn't win as 66 is two less than 68.

Let me explain, then. They DIDN'T hit their last shot, which left Jackson with 66 points at the end of the game. Lee had 68 points at the end of the game, and paraphrasing the rules, the team with the most points shall win the game. 68 is two more than 66. Lee should win. Jackson couldn't win as 66 is two less than 68.

I can hear the sarcasm in your words. It is almost like being in court with you BadCat. :p

Well, thanks. And perhaps someday you may realize that "you were fortunate to have won the game", as being a valid point and that it could have easily gone the other way. There's no shame in that and no reason to be sensitive and think it somehow "diminishes" your teams effort.

Could Lees defense have anything to do with the last shot being a perimeter shot. No harm meant Flash , I always have respected your thoughts on this forum. We just believe Lee earned the victory and fortune had very little to do with it. Still I love the way Jackson City played Kilburn is my cousin and Drew is one my favorites in the region he never lets up like an energizer battery. I really like Coach Hall I think JC got the best end of the coaching changes. Best wishes the rest of the year

Well, thanks. And perhaps someday you may realize that "you were fortunate to have won the game", as being a valid point and that it could have easily gone the other way. There's no shame in that and no reason to be sensitive and think it somehow "diminishes" your teams effort.
I'm not the guy making excuses here. I admit that Lee was fornunate to win last night, no argument. But when you imply, as you have that Jackson "probably should have won" , it does appear that you intend to diminish Lee County's effort, and may God forgive me, I am sensitive about that!

Could Lees defense have anything to do with the last shot being a perimeter shot. No harm meant Flash , I always have respected your thoughts on this forum. We just believe Lee earned the victory and fortune had very little to do with it. Still I love the way Jackson City played Kilburn is my cousin and Drew is one my favorites in the region he never lets up like an energizer battery. I really like Coach Hall I think JC got the best end of the coaching changes. Best wishes the rest of the year

No doubt about it. Lee kept the ball from going inside easily. It just seems that while they obviously earned the W it was fortunate that the last shot didn't fall for Jackson City. As you know I'm not particularly a fan of either team in question and was just an observer so I have no need nor motive to minimize Lee's victory. I didn't care which team won really, just enjoyed a good game.