Covington Catholic 90 Ryle 53

It’s a 37 point win. These are kids, mostly underclass. I’m sure it’s difficult to pumped up for a game against a team that just lost to 3 win Dixie with a ton of empty seats. These games are valuable learning experiences for the young guys. If 90-53 isn’t dominating, I’m not sure what domination is.

Who knows when it will happen or if it will happen. All teams develop at their own pace. If/when Mayer returns, there will be some time needed to fit him into the rotation. As long as the team is playing at a high level when the district tourney gets here, that all that really matters. The regular season games are good for fine tuning a team, but nobody will remember January games when the post season starts.

I completely agree with this but to that point, we are in the middle of January and we haven't really seen what was expected from this team. I absolutely do think that they will hit their stride by the end of the month and come tourney time.

I completely agree with this but to that point, we are in the middle of January and we haven't really seen what was expected from this team. I absolutely do think that they will hit their stride by the end of the month and come tourney time.

To be honest you should be worried if your team is hitting their stride in mid January. A team this loaded and deep it’s gonna take a few months to get the defined roles figured out, I think it says more that they have been blowing people out. The 3 times I watched them they subbed majority of the game, come tourney time it’s gonna be down to a 8-9 man rotation with a lot more confidence in the system. Have you seen who their 3 losses are too?? Who else has the quality wins that they do? Idk what else they could do to live up to “expectations”, but there should be zero worries about these colonels!

Edited by GoBucks97

It also seems strange that a 37 point road win has some people concerned about the team. Ruthsatz has them in a good place. They've come a long way since the LaSalle game.

And even then they weren’t playing bad ball. Lasalle is #6 in Ohio D1, lost to 2 time defending champion Moeller 45-43.

Games are 48 minutes, but those are a lot of minutes they are seemingly struggling against lesser opponents. Was the second group playing a lot in the first half?

I'm thinking more like 32 minutes unless the rules changed recently.

I'm thinking more like 32 minutes unless the rules changed recently.

You folks have to be joking right? You won by 37 and put up 90 in 32 minutes!!! Wow. What are you worried about? It's January 15!! No one in the Ninth can match your talent level and very few in KY can either. Get a grip!!