9th Region Week 5 review

PP1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beechwood should be #2 imo. they beat Highlands pre season by 6.. also lost to Lex cath at Lex cath after playing in a tournament...

Pre-season??? If it is the scrimmage in the beginning of the year you are referring to then I don't think those results mean much of anything. Especially when Sam Vinson only played a few minutes due to injury.

They will face each other soon enough. #2-4 could be any combination of St. Henry, Highlands, and Beechwood.

I think basketball preseason is more realistic than other sports. With only two being allowed (other states allow up to 4) teams usually want those two games to be as “real” as possible. I also think that coaches coach to win the final preseason game.

The injury element is definitely a variable to be considered though.

Beechwood should be #2 imo. they beat Highlands pre season by 6.. also lost to Lex cath at Lex cath after playing in a tournament...

Pre-season??? If it is the scrimmage in the beginning of the year you are referring to then I don't think those results mean much of anything. Especially when Sam Vinson only played a few minutes due to injury.

They will face each other soon enough. #2-4 could be any combination of St. Henry, Highlands, and Beechwood.

I think basketball preseason is more realistic than other sports. With only two being allowed (other states allow up to 4) teams usually want those two games to be as “real” as possible. I also think that coaches coach to win the final preseason game.

The injury element is definitely a variable to be considered though.

If Vinson played very little in the preseason game, it is worthless as a measure of Highlands vs. Beechwood.

Cov Cath #1, not much to say. Their record against NKY opponents speaks for itself. It's difficult to discount Highlands undefeated record. I would have them at #2 they look solid and balanced, with multiple offensive threats. St. Henry #3 is for real. Beating Lex Cath is as about as big of a statement as they could have made thus far. Conner and Beechwood thus far are a toss up for #4..both playing too inconsistent to be much higher. But with all that said, there is alot more basketball yet to be played!