USA Today/ESPN Coaches Top 25 B-Ball (Dec 4-10)

CatchMeIfYouCan

Your first point -- you may be right. Like I said, maybe it's a coincidence. I wasn't sure so I sought your opinion. I hadn't made the connection until I was typing that. :D

Wow, I thought I had it bad. :p

Frankly, that is a great point, one I hadn't thought about, and frankly, one I feel poorly for not perceiving. While I don't want to be demeaned for my stance on the importance of UK basketball, I also shouldn't pretend to understand fully UK basketball's place in rural communities around our state. I apologize for not thinking about that or for not taking that into consideration when I fired off my rants earlier.

No apology necessary at all...:thumb: Bottom line, other than a couple of bad apples on here :D , everyone wants to see UK do great in all athletics and academics...all of our state schools, actually...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the same about hearing that I am not a UK fan because I DONT support him.

The reason alot of you Tubby haters get alot of people to argue with you is what you say about Tubby. We feel the same away as alot of you all most things, but when people say Tubby is a terrible coach, and can only coach at schools like Tulsa, that is why people argue and defend him. Because that is not true at all, because Tubby is one of the best coaches in the country. Is he the best coach for UK? Maybe, but maybe not. But when people say he is terrible and cant coach, that is why people back him up...

I mean just about all of us would rather see the team running up and down the court like we did with Pitino, and we all know Tubby needs to do better recruiting. But you all say crap like Tubby cant coach and once again that is just not true. I honestly think if we got another coach he wouldn't be as good as Tubby, but people might just like a new coach better because it would be a fresh start and just something new.

The thing that really gets everyone arguing with some of you all on here, is that every little post you all post is something negative about the team. I mean it really seems like alot of people from their post just watch the game, and hope they see something that they can complain about, and that is why we get upset and argue with you all. I mean its not like we ALL dont see the same stuff, but just complainging about every little thing is not going to change anything....

The reason alot of you Tubby haters get alot of people to argue with you is what you say about Tubby. We feel the same away as alot of you all most things, but when people say Tubby is a terrible coach, and can only coach at schools like Tulsa, that is why people argue and defend him. Because that is not true at all, because Tubby is one of the best coaches in the country. Is he the best coach for UK? Maybe, but maybe not. But when people say he is terrible and cant coach, that is why people back him up...

I mean just about all of us would rather see the team running up and down the court like we did with Pitino, and we all know Tubby needs to do better recruiting. But you all say crap like Tubby cant coach and once again that is just not true. I honestly think if we got another coach he wouldn't be as good as Tubby, but people might just like a new coach better because it would be a fresh start and just something new.

The thing that really gets everyone arguing with some of you all on here, is that every little post you all post is something negative about the team. I mean it really seems like alot of people from their post just watch the game, and hope they see something that they can complain about, and that is why we get upset and argue with you all. I mean its not like we ALL dont see the same stuff, but just complainging about every little thing is not going to change anything....

I dont pick any little thing to call Tubby on. Like I said in my previous post if you would have read through this thread is that my ONLY gripe with him is recruiting and thats it. Period.

I dont pick any little thing to call Tubby on. Like I said in my previous post if you would have read through this thread is that my ONLY gripe with him is recruiting and thats it. Period.

:thumb: Yeah I know, and I really wasn't just talking about just you, even though it might have seemed like it since I quoted your post...

:thumb: Yeah I know, and I really wasn't just talking about just you, even though it might have seemed like it since I quoted your post...

Thats fine, I love having an intelligent argument over things like this because I dont get too often. I do see you point and respect it. Just have to agree to disagree but agree that we love UK basketball.:thumb:

Yak, if that little boy in the picture is your son, I hope you don't really get that worked up over UK winning or losing games in November and December. Seriously, is it really that big of a deal?

Don't quite get the link between the little Yak and UK winning and losing early. I just don't believe that UK should ever be ranked below 40th. I realize other teams have lost games, but for some reason the media and/or other coaches believe they are better than UK. Everybody loses games. Not the point. Point is UK basketball has declined over the past couple of years and I hope the trend doesn't continue.

Okay, and then they'll lose in the first round and then my son will be okay (knock on wood) and I'll still drive to work on Monday. I can't believe how wound up this makes you guys. I've been a big UK fan for 30 years -- been a supporter for 14. I'll be in Nashville on the 29th, I count Rob Mullens among my broad circle of acquaintances, I love UK. However, if they lose basketball games the world doesn't come screeching to a halt. It's as if some UK fans (and I'm not necessarily painting you with this brush) judge their self-worth by how UK performs at Rupp. It is still only college basketball. If they do well, awesome, if they don't, let's talk about next year around the keyboard or the water cooler. When they come calling for donations to help the program(s), you do so hoping that you get repaid with W's, and if not, oh well.

Just exhale...:D :lol:

I don't think that it is the end of the world if UK loses. I am being rational about what I believe should be a standard of excellence. (Doesn't mean a final four every year, just means that when people across the country think of UK it actually means something) I have never stated that Tubby is a bad coach. If you have read any of my other posts I feel that the program is at a crossroad and a soft recruiting class for next year could sway this thing the wrong way. I hope the Cats make a strong run in March and you are calling me out. If not it will be baseball season and I believe that both the little Yaks will have a good season. One as he ends a Little League career and the other as he begins.

I hope the Cats make a strong run in March and you are calling me out. If not it will be baseball season and I believe that both the little Yaks will have a good season. One as he ends a Little League career and the other as he begins.

:thumb: :thumb:

I won't bother with any calling out, especially since I know a first or second round exit will leave you standing on my door-step. :D :lol:

:thumb: :thumb:

I won't bother with any calling out, especially since I know a first or second round exit will leave you standing on my door-step. :D :lol:

A sub par season by any standards will not prompt me to say I told you so. I don't think that would create good in the world. I just use this forum to voice my concerns. What is most important to me now is trying to do my part in the development of my children. I want to foster growth in them physically, emotionally, and spiritually. (not the exact order)

Okay, and then they'll lose in the first round and then my son will be okay (knock on wood) and I'll still drive to work on Monday.

That'll still happen if they win zero games and don't make the NIT, but is that OK? Obviously there are much more important things in life, but Tubby gets paid more than ANY other coach to WIN BASKETBALL GAMES.

Right now there are over 40 people being paid less and doing a better job. Thats a fact.