Gallatin Co. 81 Walton-Verona 59

The Wildcats trailed 43-35 with 20 seconds left in the 1st half, but scored the last 4 before halftime and the 1st 14 of the 3rd quarter to take control of the game.

Walton converted a 3 point play with 1:48 left in the 3rd for their only points of the quarter.

On a side note, their were 34 fouls called in each half. Gallatin was 34 of 54 from the foul line and the Bearcats were 28 of 35.

Trent Maddox scord 20 points to lead 5 players in double figures. Others reaching double digits were Scott Brown 18, Cody Perkins 17, David Henson 11, and Taylor Jones 10.

Next up for the Wildcats is away vs. Williamstown on Tuesday.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to sleep on this one before I could write anything. So where do I start how about THIS WAS THE WORST OFFICATED GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!! That goes both ways but in the third quarter it just was not fair!!! The fact that gallatin had double bonus and walton had two fouls with 5 minutes to go. You can not sit there and say the game was called evenlly because it simply was not. Walton did not loose to gallatin even if the score says so and who knows what would of happened in a fair game. Gallatin may have still won but not by what the score showed.

Now on to the game it self one player on Gallatin impressed me number 15 the way he could get to the basket and play with his back to the basket also was impressive. On the other side of the ball Daugherty for Walton seemed to be unstoppable at times but then Walton would go away from him and start thowing up threes from all over the court. Walton seemed to break the press of Gallatin fairly easy and both teams seemed to be evenly matched until the third quarter in which In my opinion the game was taken out of there hands.

One thing that did bother me was the attitudes of the Gallatin players namly 22 32 the both had big tempers and where lucky they did not get thrown out of the game. Walton had a kid that got a T for saying oh my god, but the two for Gallatin would walk up and down the court cussing and yelling but never got in trouble. That did not seem right to me.

With all this said these teams will see each other again once at walton and once in Emmence. Home court and probly the most exciting nuetral court match up. Then we will see who is the better team.

Kids from gallatin had attitudes? namely 44 and 20 cried the whole entire game. Gallatin beat Walton by 22, and there two big guys never scored. I am sure that gallatin cant wait to play walton again with refs that call a good game b/c it will probably get uglier than 22 points. Walton scored 3 points in the third quarter, that has nothing to do with refs, they just couldnt get it done against gallatins half court D.

Walton did start the second half off bad but lets not kid are selfs when Daugherty had the ball on the block in the third he was getting the crap kicked out of him but no calls and on the other side of the court touch fouls. And remember even with all that Walton still cut the lead to nine. Gallatin is a decent team they are not that much better then Walton and keep saying scoreboard scoreboard, but if you where at the game you can not honestly belive this was a fair game. It was not! and like I said before they play two more times this year and then we will see. NEUTRAL COURT

And by the way 44 was the coolest head on the court actually took time to talk to the refs and try to explain instead of crying and wining. Gallatin players should of had about three T and that is being on the light side of things. By the end of the game 44 had been fouled so much and ignored in his pleas for some help from the refs there was nothing left to do but yell. If you did not see that you where not watching the game.

when it comes down to it, walton got the L and gallatin got the W. no matter how bad the refs were, they were bad both halves for both teams. Fouls were called even in the fourth quarter and walton still only scored 12 points. Gallatin is just to deep for walton, the walton kids were dead in the second half because gallatin has so many different weapons.

I can agree with you on that point. next time they play Walton is going to have to play a more half court offense and look to get the ball inside more. In the fourth they seemed to just give up on good shots and throwing up threes. But you also have to realize in the fourth there was already two starters fouled out, and three more main players with four. So Walton had to play there JV team most of the fourth.

Thank you Spilly Willy, you just won me 5 dollars. After the game I bet one of my buddies that Walton fans would be on bluegrass preps crying about the officiating. You guys are unbelievable, to talk about our players and their attitudes is ludicrous. Your players were cussing coming on and off the court on every single call. They blew up just as many times as 32 ans 22. Daugherty come off of the floor right in front of the official and dropped the f-bomb right at him. The officials were not a factor in this game and the fouls evened out in the second half. At the end of the first half Gallatin were the ones who suffered from the the foul deficit. I love it when someone gets drilled, gives up more than 80, and the only real excuse that they can come up with is The refs were really bad. :cry: :cry: :cry: