UCLA 13 USC 9

Royal Uncle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Game UCLA!!! Pete Carroll is nothing but class. One of my favorite coaches. Good Game USC but UCLA was on tonight and determined.

On the flip side of this statement. As expressed on this board in a different thread, I hate Pete Carroll. Good game USC? What is UCLA ranked, like 80? Just more proof to me that the Pac 10 is overrated, and those teams still can't stop a good running football team. The UM faithful are renaming this season "Cheater's Never Prosper". 1 cheatin' school down, 1 to go. GO BLUE!!!!

I am physically ill. I am more physically ill now than when Vince Young was running into the end zone with :50 to go in the title game last year. What a tremendous choke by USC. I have to hand it to UCLA, they played lights out.

USC-UCLA truly is one of the last great old school rivalries.

On a side note, there have been so many chokes from my favorite teams this year that I am gagging. First, the Republicans choked on election Tuesday. Then, U of L choked against Rutgers. Then Bardstown choked against Bethlehem. Now USC choked. At least the Midshipmen won today.

Fight On (however meekly that may feel right now).

I am physically ill. I am more physically ill now than when Vince Young was running into the end zone with :50 to go in the title game last year. What a tremendous choke by USC. I have to hand it to UCLA, they played lights out.

USC-UCLA truly is one of the last great old school rivalries.

On a side note, there have been so many chokes from my favorite teams this year that I am gagging. First, the Republicans choked on election Tuesday. Then, U of L choked against Rutgers. Then Bardstown choked against Bethlehem. Now USC choked. At least the Midshipmen won today.

Fight On (however meekly that may feel right now).

I'll give the other teams credit in the wins you mentioned, I've never liked the word "choke"....UCLA outplayed USC on the field.

On the flip side of this statement. As expressed on this board in a different thread, I hate Pete Carroll. Good game USC? What is UCLA ranked, like 80? Just more proof to me that the Pac 10 is overrated, and those teams still can't stop a good running football team. The UM faithful are renaming this season "Cheater's Never Prosper". 1 cheatin' school down, 1 to go. GO BLUE!!!!

Yeah, that's it.:rolleyes:

Why was the Michigan basketball program put on probation? :confused:

I'll give the other teams credit in the wins you mentioned, I've never liked the word "choke"....UCLA outplayed USC on the field.

No question about that. But the "choke" refers to allowing an inferior team to outplay you when so much is on the line.

No question about that. But the "choke" refers to allowing an inferior team to outplay you when so much is on the line.
In rivalry games, emotion can carry a team and confidence will build, just like underdogs in large margins, they play off the crowd, early success and energy.

On any given day, anyone can be beat and UCLA held them to 9 points...credit must be given.

Just havin a little fun.........but I definately mean the part about the Pac 10 being overrated and not being able to stop good running teams.

Can you think of any examples of that?

USC drilled Auburn 2 or 3 straight seasons. Also Virginia Tech two straight years. And Michigan in the Rose Bowl. And Oklahoma in '05.

I remember Oregon shutting down the run and beating Michigan in the regular season 2 or 3 years ago.

I'll have to find the link, but I don't think you want to compare Big-10 and Pac-10 matchups the last 3 or 4 years.

In rivalry games, emotion can carry a team and confidence will build, just like underdogs in large margins, they play off the crowd, early success and energy.

On any given day, anyone can be beat and UCLA held them to 9 points...credit must be given.

You get no argument from me. Dorrell outcoached SC today as well. I thought Pete Carroll was duly magnanimous.

You get no argument from me. Dorrell out-coached SC today as well. I thought Pete Carroll was duly magnanimous.
College sports, is simply amazing and the best value around.

Basketball and football....BCS shakeups, who will and who won't....you gotta love it.

College sports, is simply amazing and the best value around.

Basketball and football....BCS shakeups, who will and who won't....you gotta love it.

I love college football. I'm so into it that that is why I am so ill right now.

Never got into basketball very much, it wasn't real big when I was in California. Probably why I see my window dwindling down here . . . :D