Sheray Thomas - Part II

Wireman

I was listening to Oscar Combs before the game and hit the nail on the head!

Alot of Ky fans Basketball and Football seem to only remember the defeats you never hear them talk about the wins!;)

What wins? I'm not going to get excited about beating the College of Charleston at home.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2006 Sheray Thomas is a very good UK player. Couldn't have made the team 11 years ago but now he is a starter. We did play them close however and we are still above .500 and should even receive some votes for the Top 25.

Is it ok to be critical of Orbzut?

I was listening to Oscar Combs before the game and hit the nail on the head!

Alot of Ky fans Basketball and Football seem to only remember the defeats you never hear them talk about the wins!;)

Lets talk about the wins. Miami, OH, Charleston, Depaul, and well I forgot.

Team concept says it is sometimes more important to look at how many points a player kept his man from scoring in a game rather than how many points he actually scored. You may not necessarily see any of that in a game stat sheet. Every team does not need 12 offensive stars to be successful.
Agreed KOM and if every player could score 15ppg and get 10rpg, what a wonderful team someone would have.

Perhaps playing the game, at the college level would help remind some that Thomas has an assignment/role/task and its certainly not to score, but help in other areas.

What wins? I'm not going to get excited about beating the College of Charleston at home.

Yea and when Kentucky gets some good wins against some good competition this year and the Bandwagon rolls in, I bet your the first to jump on! If I were you and Im not, I would just stick to your wolverine's! Talk about a basketball team that doesn't exist any Longer!:D

Agreed KOM and if every player could score 15ppg and get 10rpg, what a wonderful team someone would have.

Perhaps playing the game, at the college level would help remind some that Thomas has an assignment/role/task and its certainly not to score, but help in other areas.

FYI - I did play the game at the college level and I played with several "role players". The problem is that Thomas isn't good enough to even play a role at UK.

Yea and when Kentucky gets some good wins against some good competition this year and the Bandwagon rolls in, I bet your the first to jump on! If I were you and Im not, I would just stick to your wolverine's! Talk about a basketball team that doesn't exist any Longer!:D

I have been on the UK bandwagon for more than 20 years and I won't be leaving and rejoining regardless of what happens. With that much time invested however, I will continue to gripe when the program isn't at the level it should be at.

FYI - I did play the game at the college level and I played with several "role players". The problem is that Thomas isn't good enough to even play a role at UK.
Then you of all people should have been taught and realize, that certain positions on the floor are there to screen defend and rebound....if he scored 6-8pts a game, he would certainly help UK, without question but he's not and his role is to help more on the defensive end right now.

Sheray Thomas is an absolute pathetic excuse for a University of Kentucky basketball player. I have heard that he's a "role player" and that he "does the little things that average fans don't see" and on and on. That is just not true. He does nothing. I don't even want to hear any arguments because I just don't think they're valid.

Perry Stevenson did you watch him today? How many balls did he drop that were passed to him? How bad did he look any time he touched the ball. Stevenson right now gets pushed around inside. He is pretty good however at help defense when someone gets beat off the dribble. So you talk about Thomas, but who you going to play if you dont play him, because Stevenson sure cant play the whole game, and he shouldn't because he would make even more mistakes than Thomas RIGHT NOW.

Yeah Thomas I admit did some real dumb things today. He had no business at all after grabbing a nice rebound to try to lead a fast break down the court. He tries to force passes that a PF shouldn't do. But he was also today though with his bigger body was really good at helping on Hansborough on the double teams which was a part of the reason why Hansborough did nothing. Yeah Brandon Wright score on him one on one a couple of times in a row, but I dont see to many people stopping that sweet little left hand hook he used.

So yeah Thomas definitely made mistakes and definitely didnt play a great game or a good game for that matter, but he also didn't play as terrible as you have made it out to be.

Then you of all people should have been taught and realize, that certain positions on the floor are there to screen defend and rebound....if he scored 6-8pts a game, he would certainly help UK, without question but he's not and his role is to help more on the defensive end right now.

I don't care about scoring. That's what I'm saying is that he didn't even set any good screens or make any good passes. He tried to set a good screen and got an illegal screen call against him.

I don't care about scoring. That's what I'm saying is that he didn't even set any good screens or make any good passes. He tried to set a good screen and got an illegal screen call against him.
You watch to criticize Thomas, to look for individual things to pick on him about....point out good qualities by others and negatives, will have more validity.

I see Thomas playing well at times and other times, he doesn't like ALL college athletes will.

Didn't Roy Williams take out his starters, because he wasn't pleased....does that mean they can't play, no just means he's not happy with them, at that particular time.

I have been on the UK bandwagon for more than 20 years and I won't be leaving and rejoining regardless of what happens. With that much time invested however, I will continue to gripe when the program isn't at the level it should be at.

Sounds like to me that your off of the wagon,but thats ok because thats were most UK fans are! Its a very small amount of True Blues that are behind there team and coach no matter what! ! I was around and old enough to remember the 78 championship team that beat dUKe 92-88! Do you know how long it took Kentucky to get another title? 18 years! For The cats to have two championships and a runner up in ten years I am a very Happy! It's a great day to be a Kentucky fan even with a loss! I realize that there is a lot more Basketball to be played and some of its going to be good and some of it will be bad! One way or the other Im behind the team I love 100%!!!

Sounds like to me that your off of the wagon,but thats ok because thats were most UK fans are! Its a very small amount of True Blues that are behind there team and coach no matter what! ! I was around and old enough to remember the 78 championship team that beat dUKe 92-88! Do you know how long it took Kentucky to get another title? 18 years! For The cats to have two championships and a runner up in ten years I am a very Happy! It's a great day to be a Kentucky fan even with a loss! I realize that there is a lot more Basketball to be played and some of its going to be good and some of it will be bad! One way or the other Im behind the team I love 100%!!!

I'm always behind the team as well. I sat 4 feet from the t.v. today, watching every single second of the game. Just like always. I'm still not happy with a 12-point loss, however.