Class 6A Playoffs: #3 Manual vs. #5 Saint Xavier Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Aw man, the media members in Louisville are all on the Manual bandwagon; I'm intrigued on how this game will play out. Manual is solid and is riding momentum right now which started with their win over St. X, but at the end of the day if St. X takes care of their business they should be in good shape. Last week turnovers held them back and then in the first meeting between these two teams red zone offense hurt the Tigers. Take care of the ball and score TDs and St. X will be in good shape. Revenge Tour starts Friday.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I said it during their regular season meeting, but I'll say it again, I just don't see how Manual scores enough to win? The answer to that question is in the regular season match up St. X settling for 4 field goals instead of converting them into touchdowns.

Manual played a very good game against Male which is caused for some positive momentum, but at the same time St. X provided in their last game they could stop play very well enough on defense and score on a very good Cincinnati St. X team, which is the best team on their schedule. St. X hurt their perception with a 4 turnover half against Butler, but St. X was able to move the football just had some weird plays that allowed Butler some good field position.

At the end of the day, if all things are equal, St. X will have to hurt themselves in order for Manual to win. Could St. X turn the ball over 4 times? Yes, absolutely. Could they settle for 4 field goals again? Yes, they sure could. But I'm banking on St. X taking care of business and simmering the Manual momentum.

St. X - 29

Manual - 13