Giants' players-only meeting transcript

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061131

Michael Strahan: OK, guys, let's get started. Is everybody here? Great. Plex, can you get the door?

Plaxico Burress: No.

Strahan: Why not?

Burress: It's a little out of my reach.

Strahan: You're kidding, right?

Burress: Not at all. If the door was right here where I could get to it without any exertion I would gladly close it for you. But it's not. Somebody put it way over there. And it wasn't me so I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get to it. That's not my style. Sorry.

This is some good stuff.:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical BSPN...I mean ESPN. They're just angry because Strahan called out one of their reporters. I've NEVER seen BSPN attack a team so hard as they are attacking the Giants right now...shouldn't they have no opinion at all?

BTW, Plax and Strahan have talked, and cleared the air...for anyone who cares.

Typical BSPN...I mean ESPN. They're just angry because Strahan called out one of their reporters. I've NEVER seen BSPN attack a team so hard as they are attacking the Giants right now...shouldn't they have no opinion at all?

BTW, Plax and Strahan have talked, and cleared the air...for anyone who cares.

I don't know HB. They were piling on the Cowboys pretty hard back in August and September. Of course, piling on the Giants makes their golden boys at Foxboro look that much better. Still funny stuff to read. I don't know that I've ever seen the wheels come off a team this fast before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/061131

Michael Strahan: OK, guys, let's get started. Is everybody here? Great. Plex, can you get the door?

Plaxico Burress: No.

Strahan: Why not?

Burress: It's a little out of my reach.

Strahan: You're kidding, right?

Burress: Not at all. If the door was right here where I could get to it without any exertion I would gladly close it for you. But it's not. Somebody put it way over there. And it wasn't me so I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get to it. That's not my style. Sorry.

This is some good stuff.:lol: :lol: :lol:

:laugh:

I don't know HB. They were piling on the Cowboys pretty hard back in August and September. Of course, piling on the Giants makes their golden boys at Foxboro look that much better. Still funny stuff to read. I don't know that I've ever seen the wheels come off a team this fast before.

What wheels are coming off? The Giants are still a team.... This has all been created by the media. Plax and Strahan have NO PROBLEMS with eachother. The Giants literally just had a PLAYERS ONLY meeting to make sure everyone was on the same page. Pierce was also quoted saying guys are still hanging out playing cards in the locker room, and that friday they are all going out to have dinner together as a team. There is no bad blood at this point in the Giants lockerroom...unless you choose to believe BSPN.

This storm was created by BSPN because Strahan called out a reporter. They took offense to it, and you havn't seen a good word written about the Giants since. Yes last week was a horrible loss...but who hasn't had one of those this year? Dallas...vs Washington. Cincy vs Tampa...it happens!

NO no no no, you have it all wrong. They were piling on TERRELL OWENS. BSPN loves the Cowboys...incase you didnt notice, after the Giants thumped the boys in BIG D...all BSPN could talk about was Dallas, Tuna, TO, and Romo/Bledsoe. Barely even a small mention of the team that won. (The G-Men)

Strahan on Burress

"It's a shame. You can't give up. You can't quit, because you're not quitting on yourself, you're quitting on everybody. I don't quite understand what his lack of motivation is in those types of situations. But I'm going to try to see what it is, and if I can talk to him about it. He's too good for that."

Burress About Strahans Comments

"We sat down and discussed the matter personally and you know if he feels that way about me," Burress told reporters on Thursday. "I said fine but I'd rather you come to me as a man and as a person instead of going on the radio or however it was said or whatever you did just talk to me as a person if you've got a problem with me"

Strahan to ESPN Reporter About Comments About Paxico

"Come here, I want to see your face when you ask this question, the way you are going to ask it," Strahan said. "I know you are going to ask it in a way there is more division and more of a negative way than it was, so come here, I want to see your face, please."

"You're a responsible journalist, look me in the eye and ask this question the way you want to ask it," said Strahan, who only came into the locker room after being told by the public relations staff that Naqi was questioning his teammates about his comments. "Look a man in the eye before you try to kill him or make up something."

Naqi then asked Strahan whether he had spoken with Burress since his comments. Strahan, who was approached by the reporter in the locker room earlier but refused to talk with her at that time, got snippy after Naqi questioned him about talking to Burress.

"I haven't spoken to you about it," he said. "I have spoken to Plaxico. I spoke to Plaxico in the team meeting, as well."

Burress Unaware of Strahan's Comments

I haven't had a conversation with him," Burress said. "If that's the way he feels, hey, I don't talk about my teammates. If that's the way he feels, then that's the way he feels. I know what my motivation is. If that's the way he feels, then that's sad."

Osi Umenyiora & Brandon Short practiced Wednesday

Strahan is doubtful vs the Cowboys

I think there is more problems going on than you want to admit HB. Coughlin pointing fingers after telling his players not to do so is never a good thing. Strahan is trying to be a leader, but it's hard to be a team leader when you aren't on the field.

Strahan calling out Burress before talking to him isn't a good thing either. There are some problems going on there that haven't been manufactured by ESPN...

I think there is more problems going on than you want to admit HB. Coughlin pointing fingers after telling his players not to do so is never a good thing. Strahan is trying to be a leader, but it's hard to be a team leader when you aren't on the field.

Strahan calling out Burress before talking to him isn't a good thing either. There are some problems going on there that haven't been manufactured by ESPN...

Strahan didn't really call Burress out. I've read his comments, and I've heard them. If you want to simply read the quote like some choose to do, it looks like he might have called him out. But the way Strahan said it was, IF Burress quit on that play...it's a shame...

He did not say it in a way to call out Burress like some would lead you to believe which is why Strahan was so upset about the reporter twisting his words.