Cooper 36 Campbell County 0

theguru

The problem with Campbell County football is that no one buys into the coach or their program. In the history of Campbell County football, a 6A school, they have only one postseason victory (26-21 over Madison Central).

I agree with Hook1965...the OC needs to go. The 2018 team was senior heavy and had real yet credible talent. Hank Stram yelling "What the Hell is going on out there?" reverberates in my head. Coaches at CCHS try to fit kids into a system rather than a system to the kids, and it never works. Unfortunately, the youth football program in Campbell County (outside of Red Devils) is weak and inconsistent. There is no "next man up" mentality as there is a limited talent pool and most kids have to play all 3 ways.

No, I would like to see CCHS have a reputable football program but it probably won't happen for years to come...if ever.

So instead of football, go cheer on the volleyball team, the basketball teams or baseball and softball...at least those teams have made it to the State Tournament on a consistent basis.

The problem with Campbell County football is that no one buys into the coach or their program. In the history of Campbell County football, a 6A school, they have only one postseason victory (26-21 over Madison Central).

I agree with Hook1965...the OC needs to go. The 2018 team was senior heavy and had real yet credible talent. Hank Stram yelling "What the Hell is going on out there?" reverberates in my head. Coaches at CCHS try to fit kids into a system rather than a system to the kids, and it never works. Unfortunately, the youth football program in Campbell County (outside of Red Devils) is weak and inconsistent. There is no "next man up" mentality as there is a limited talent pool and most kids have to play all 3 ways.

No, I would like to see CCHS have a reputable football program but it probably won't happen for years to come...if ever.

So instead of football, go cheer on the volleyball team, the basketball teams or baseball and softball...at least those teams have made it to the State Tournament on a consistent basis.

They also beat Louisville Eastern the year after beating Madison Central. I know it's not much but 2 playoff wins sound better than 1. LOL

There is no question 28 Tye has talent. Runs well and can get up field. Cooper is blessed with several guys that can run the ball. Multiple weapons out of the backfield can make for several different looks which will cause defenses some problems.

The Freshman/JV team look strong as well. Good to see the pipeline full for Cooper!

They also beat Louisville Eastern the year after beating Madison Central. I know it's not much but 2 playoff wins sound better than 1. LOL

Here are the facts. Campbell has had 10 playoff wins since 1990. 6 were in this decade. 2010- they beat George Rogers Clark, 2011- they beat Tates Creek, 2012- they beat Dunbar, 2013- they beat Pleasure Ridge Park, 2016-they beat Madison Central and 2017- they beat Eastern.