All District

KyFan11

I know in the louisville area the all district teams came out last week and for R2D4, I was glad to see that many players from Iroquois made it on. For a team that struggled to play in this district, it was nice to see some players finally make it on there, not just the usual overload of X & Male players. It was also nice to see the coaches voted Head Coach Shawn Thompson (Iroquois) as coach of the year. Despite an 0-5 district record, the job he did was outstanding, going 4-1 to start the season.

Iroquois Players who finally received some recognition:

Nate Anderson-DE

Raydell Williams-LB

Marquis Mcaffee-WR/KR

John Montgomery-P

Shawn Thompson- Coach of the Year

Congrats Raiders! Congrats to all other players who made all district as well

I have been told that they have, but some coaches will hold out until their banquets to annouce... So if any one has any spoilers, let BGP be the first to hear about it....

I am not sure if NKY has their's out yet. I know one of the newspapers has indicated they will have another "team" announcement on December 15th.

• 2 weeks later...
Franklin County:

Austin Jones JR OL/DL

Nate Newland SR OL/DL

Kaelin Ammons SR qb/db

Jeremy Barnett JR DL

Terry Metcalf JR RB/LB

Deron Hicks SO DB/WR

Ammons was the class AAA Region 3 District 6 Offensive Player of the Year

Ben Revere from Lexington Catholic was the AAA Region 3 Dist. 6 Defensive Player of the Year

From Williamsburg these were 1st team selections:

Player of the year awards went to Thomas Frazier as QB of the year, and Aaron Root as LB of the year.

Also selected to 1st team:

WR - Chase Hamlin

OL - AJ Jusino

DB - Stephen Jefferies

DB - Will Moses

Tickled with the player of the year awards for Root and Frazier. Both had tremendous years and awards well well deserved! If Root were at a bigger school I think he would be an all state selection hands down. He's is one heck of a natural linebacker with great instincts and a nasty hitter!