Ohio St. vs USC predictions

All Play No Work

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that The Ohio State Buckeyes will be there but will wait and see who it is that they will beat for the national title before my prediction on the game. :D USC looks like they have the inside track on it but Fla. I believe still has an outside shot. That would take a USC loss vs. UCLA or maybe a poor showing in a win vs. a terrible Bruin team. Florida imo would have to blow ut Arkansas to get in (and still might not). If both of them lose then that would open up the door for meat-chicken who has lost to Ohio State and finished 2nd in their conference.:sssh: :D

What kills me is they won by what 3 points on their HOME FIELD. You act like everyone else is mroe deserving than Michigan. You better hope not because if USC or whoever it is turns out better than Michigan then the Buckeyes will loose ona neutral field.

It is always open season for a select few except when it involves their school of choice. The worst part is it is the same old hat that everyone has heard time and time again.
Maybe because it is a documented fact that the starting quarterback for the Buckeyes took money from a booster?

Oh, I forgot. He's a model citizen now. Taking money from a booster is just water under the bridge.

cvillecat, I didn't start the gamesmanship. The BUCKeye fan did.

Maybe because it is a documented fact that the starting quarterback for the Buckeyes took money from a booster?

Oh, I forgot. He's a model citizen now. Taking money from a booster is just water under the bridge.

That was a few years ago when this was brought up and the NCAA cleared him to play. I do not agree with what he did but it happened many moons ago and everyone is willing to let it go except for the ones that dislike OSU. You act like that OSU is the only program in the country that has problems and I at least hope YOU know that just IS NOT the case. If this would have happened this season or if the NCAA said no you can't play, then it is a different story. You have been on here blasting others for comments about incidents that take place with other programs but if it concerns your comments then all is well. Everyone knows why it was brought up so I don't have to explain anymore. Troy Smith has been a model citizen as you have stated, prove to me otherwise and I will agree with your statement because the subject is really very old news.

cvillecat, I didn't start the gamesmanship. The BUCKeye fan did.

Believe it or not, I really did not start that as a jab at U of L my point was that we need to wait untill all the games are played.

Yes Troy Smith did take money from a booster, and yes he did pay it back and he served a Two game suspension. Including a bowl game. He did not get to travel with the team or participate in any bowl game activities. (Many experts have said that his suspension may have cost the Bucks a victory over the Longhorns. We will never really know) Was it wrong for TS to accept $500.00? Absolutely! Did he pay for his crime? Yes he did. Should he be punished for the rest of his college career? I would like to think this is a kid who took advantage of a second chance.

Unfortunately this sort of thing does happen and I would be willing to bet that their are a whole lot more instances where this sort of thing goes on at other universities. I really did not want to bring up an argument that "other schools do it, so why not us" That is not my intention, but I do know for a fact that "illegal" stuff goes on all the time in college athletics.

We could probably cite a few instances from any number of schools where players did wrong. Personally I would like to think that we would be able to give a kid a second chance. For crying out loud, Lawerence Phillips got plenty of chances, unfortunately he did not take advantage of them.

Here was a kid that could have gone down the very same road as M.C. He didn't, Thank God! Will he make mistakes in the future? Maybe, but I reminded of the quote, "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

I really do wish Ohio State could have met up with U of L in the NC game. Would have been lots of fun for all. I love a good battle of "gamesmanship" Heck my father's Best Friend, a man I call "Uncle Jack" is a Michigan Fan. It should all be for fun. College Football is the greatest game in the world!!!! I am so sad to think that in just a little over a month I will start going through withdraws patiently waiting for next fall.

"Time and Change will surely show, how firm thy friendship......O - HI - O!"

I'll save my prediction for when we actually know who the Buckeyes will play, but everyone predicting a 2-3 touchdown victory by USC hasn't watched the same Ohio State team play this year that I've watched. Whoever makes it to the game, USC, U of FL, or U of M, they will have their hands full with the Buckeye offense, defense, and special teams. Tressell will have his men ready for whichever group of boys shows up.

:thumb: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Believe it or not, I really did not start that as a jab at U of L my point was that we need to wait untill all the games are played.

Yes Troy Smith did take money from a booster, and yes he did pay it back and he served a Two game suspension. Including a bowl game. He did not get to travel with the team or participate in any bowl game activities. (Many experts have said that his suspension may have cost the Bucks a victory over the Longhorns. We will never really know) Was it wrong for TS to accept $500.00? Absolutely! Did he pay for his crime? Yes he did. Should he be punished for the rest of his college career? I would like to think this is a kid who took advantage of a second chance.

Unfortunately this sort of thing does happen and I would be willing to bet that their are a whole lot more instances where this sort of thing goes on at other universities. I really did not want to bring up an argument that "other schools do it, so why not us" That is not my intention, but I do know for a fact that "illegal" stuff goes on all the time in college athletics.

We could probably cite a few instances from any number of schools where players did wrong. Personally I would like to think that we would be able to give a kid a second chance. For crying out loud, Lawerence Phillips got plenty of chances, unfortunately he did not take advantage of them.

Here was a kid that could have gone down the very same road as M.C. He didn't, Thank God! Will he make mistakes in the future? Maybe, but I reminded of the quote, "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

I really do wish Ohio State could have met up with U of L in the NC game. Would have been lots of fun for all. I love a good battle of "gamesmanship" Heck my father's Best Friend, a man I call "Uncle Jack" is a Michigan Fan. It should all be for fun. College Football is the greatest game in the world!!!! I am so sad to think that in just a little over a month I will start going through withdraws patiently waiting for next fall.

"Time and Change will surely show, how firm thy friendship......O - HI - O!"

Very well said Buck, Great Post!!