Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson (OH) 44 Simon Kenton 16

Featured Replies

As JA said, Anderson also beat Kings last year. Kings had two losses last year - Cov Cath and Anderson. If Anderson was in KY in 2018, they would have been ranked #7 in the entire state, just behind #5 Scott County and #6 Franklin-Simpson and higher ranked than St. X. Trinity, Johnson Central, et al.

 

Using one game common opponent comparisons isn't very accurate, as JA pointed out. Last year CCH beat Highlands 36-0 in one game and 21-14 in the other.

 

I get Ohio football is stronger. But Anderson isn’t Elder, St X, LaSalle or Moeller. Never has been and never will be on that level consistently. They are not even consistently on the level of Winton Woods. I guess my point was that I don’t think this Anderson team is very strong and they were much better last year. Even people around the Anderson program know this isn’t a very strong team and feel they will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. To me Simon Kenton getting handled like they did is not a good sign for them in 2019. Maybe they will learn a lot from the game and prove me wrong. But from what they have left on the schedule, it could be a rough year. I don’t see them beating Highlands, Johnson Central or Ryle.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get Ohio football is stronger. But Anderson isn’t Elder, St X, LaSalle or Moeller. Never has been and never will be on that level consistently. They are not even consistently on the level of Winton Woods. I guess my point was that I don’t think this Anderson team is very strong and they were much better last year. Even people around the Anderson program know this isn’t a very strong team and feel they will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. To me Simon Kenton getting handled like they did is not a good sign for them in 2019. Maybe they will learn a lot from the game and prove me wrong. But from what they have left on the schedule, it could be a rough year. I don’t see them beating Highlands, Johnson Central or Ryle.

 

You are right about that - Anderson is not Elder, St. X, LaSalle or Moeller. You are talking a whole different level that is above anything that happens in KY outside a very select couple of teams. As I edited into my post above, there were 33 teams in Ohio last year ranked higher than Male. Yes, 33 teams higher than Male.

 

I stand by what I first posted in this thread. I don't know about Anderson this year, but last year Anderson was comparable to Scott County. It remains to be seen how good either Anderson or Simon Kenton are this year. But two games into this year, it is hard to say this is a bad or unexpected loss, even by this margin.

I get Ohio football is stronger. But Anderson isn’t Elder, St X, LaSalle or Moeller. Never has been and never will be on that level consistently. They are not even consistently on the level of Winton Woods. I guess my point was that I don’t think this Anderson team is very strong and they were much better last year. Even people around the Anderson program know this isn’t a very strong team and feel they will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. To me Simon Kenton getting handled like they did is not a good sign for them in 2019. Maybe they will learn a lot from the game and prove me wrong. But from what they have left on the schedule, it could be a rough year. I don’t see them beating Highlands, Johnson Central or Ryle.

 

That’s pretty typical though for most of the public schools against the GCL, 9/10 will lose.

 

I won’t see Anderson in person for a few more weeks but I’ll say this, Anderson has a very potent pass attack. Ala Covcath or Highlands at their peak. What surprises me is Anderson’s starting QB gave up football and Anderson lost an offensive lineman to Notre Dame and they put up 615 yards against SK in week 1. I definitely think the jury is out on SK. Good luck to both squads.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.