Coach Jaggers comments

RADIO GUY

Understand my reasoning for posting this is just to get some clarity on these comments. It is stated in the Owensboro paper that Coach Jaggers, while being interviewed, stated "We realize we have about 100 more kids than the biggest 2A school" and that "Bardstown only had about 150 kids total" which was behind the consolidation reason. My question is this: What is the difference in class 2A and 5A? Is it only about 100 kids? I am sure someone more knowledgable can answer. Again my purpose is not to "stir the pot" as I am like many here fed up with this 2A -vs- 5A match up crap. Good Luck to both teams and represent your side of state well in the state finals.

It has nothing to do with the size of the team, unlike band. Henderson County is one of the largest schools in the state and dress fewer than 40 kids each year. I remember a 2A school dressing 78 for a playoff game last year. It's all about school enrollment, not how many kids come out for the team. If it were, Henderson would be dominating Class A about now.

Good luck and have a safe trip to Harrodsburg.

Thanks also, a nice thing Coach Edge mentioned was that with Trigg and OC in the same district next year, coupled with some of the youth Trigg had coming the next few years should make Trigg and OC a great match up to see. I can not wait to see Triig again, a great classy program for sure.:ylsuper:

Understand my reasoning for posting this is just to get some clarity on these comments. It is stated in the Owensboro paper that Coach Jaggers, while being interviewed, stated "We realize we have about 100 more kids than the biggest 2A school" and that "Bardstown only had about 150 kids total" which was behind the consolidation reason. My question is this: What is the difference in class 2A and 5A? Is it only about 100 kids? I am sure someone more knowledgable can answer. Again my purpose is not to "stir the pot" as I am like many here fed up with this 2A -vs- 5A match up crap. Good Luck to both teams and represent your side of state well in the state finals.

I dont know the exact #'s for next years realignment, but things that I do know is that, a good number of this years AA schools are playing up in 3A next year, with LaRue Co., Lou. Western and LaRue all playing 4A and Mercer being the only one moving to 5A (note: if Mercer's Co-ed enrollment was 50/50, then Mercer would be 4A, but because it's about 60/40, is the reason for Mercer in 5A). Coach Jaggers comment about "having 100 more kids than the biggest AA school" is probably even stretching it. The second biggest school in this years Class AA is WESTERN, w/ an enrollment (last years #'s) of 904, Lone Oak is around 840. This years Mercer enrollment, at MOST would be 950 or so, if even that..

I still don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of Mercer's enrollment. In 4A, T and X have male enrollments that dwarf much of their competition's male enrollments EVERY year, yet I don't see a new thread every couple of days discussing that.

Good luck to the mighty (many:D )Titans next week. Let's bring two titles back to C Ky.

I still don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of Mercer's enrollment. In 4A, T and X have male enrollments that dwarf much of their competition's male enrollments EVERY year, yet I don't see a new thread every couple of days discussing that.

Good luck to the mighty (many:D )Titans next week. Let's bring two titles back to C Ky.

The reason you don't see as mant threads is because they've wore it out over in the Private/Public heading. It got so BIG they had to open it's on venue!!!

Exactly!!! No just that, but other 4A public schools like Henderson Co. (2,200), Dunbar (2,200), Henry Clay, etc. all have over 2,000 enrolled, with several other schools like Ballard, Lafayett, etc. with 1,800 or so, that has been playing in the same class for years with the likes of schools that have 1,200 or so. Some of you out there need to do the math on that one, then come talk to me. Since some of you out there are all about facing the truth and facts!!

Good post titletownclown!! Thanks for the support! It's great that Mercer and the Ads are playing in back to back games, perfect for the fans!!!!