Raceland Football 2006- "a look back"

oldrambler

Raceland Football finished with an 11-2 record this past season, Won their 16th district title, advanced to their 10th (I believe) regional final and imo have done a great job in carrying on the Raceland tradition. J.T. Forrest, C. Caldwell, C. Thompson, J.S. Carver, S. Grizzle, B. Denton, B. Mullins, T. Boyles amoung many others had a great season and have made Raceland fans everywhere proud. We didn't get to where we wanted and expected to be but that in no way imo takes away from this season. Raceland will lose a lot from this years squad but imo also will have a lot coming back. Several underclassmen played key roles for the Rams this year. To the Raceland "Orange Crush" "Band of Brothers".....you have made this community proud and thank you for another fine season.:thumb:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland Football finished with an 11-2 record this past season, Won their 16th district title, advanced to their 10th (I believe) regional final and imo have done a great job in carrying on the Raceland tradition. J.T. Forrest, C. Caldwell, C. Thompson, J.S. Carver, S. Grizzle, B. Denton, B. Mullins, T. Boyles amoung many others had a great season and have made Raceland fans everywhere proud. We didn't get to where we wanted and expected to be but that in no way imo takes away from this season. Raceland will lose a lot from this years squad but imo also will have a lot coming back. Several underclassmen played key roles for the Rams this year. To the Raceland "Orange Crush" "Band of Brothers".....you have made this community proud and thank you for another fine season.:thumb:

How about your "new" player Beach?

He played a HUGE role in your success.

How about your "new" player Beach?

He played a HUGE role in your success.

He certainly did JB, I did completely forget to mention him.:thumb: And by the way, I caught what imo you were implying by "new" player Beach.:rolleyes: He may had been new to the program/team this season but he has been friends with most of our players for years. Once you are at Raceland, you are not new - you are a part of the Ram family.

Raceland had a great season this year. This team goes back to JFL and have remained dedicated from that time forward. They definitely are a "Band of Brothers" and together they broke school records. The community is very proud of them and several of the seniors will continue their careers at the collegiate level. Way to go Rams!

Raceland had a great football season and one that the community and players will remember for a long time. This year showed what the word TEAM means. The kids set their goals high and worked their tails off to reach them. They fell short of the final destiny in winning a State Title but these kids are TRUE winners in my book.

Hats off to Coach Hoof and all the assistant coaches in teaching these young men more than just football. Hoof is a fine Christian man and leads by example and is a great role model for the players to follow.

Great job Rams, you have my RESPECT:thumb:

Congradulations to the Rams on a great year.

Not to look ahead but how do they look for next year?

They should be pretty good next year. As almost always there is some very good talent just waiting their turn to step it up and play Ram Pride football. We almost always have a good season year in year out, some a little better than others. All this is do to the support our kids gets from JFL all the way to varsity. It comes from the coaches at alll levels, the fan base, the students and most of all the parents. They start playing day one as a Ram and this is what makes Raceland football what it is.

RAM PRIDE:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

Great season guys. A lot of great football was played by our Rams this year. Though we didn't make it to the pizza box you guys showed that we can play with the big boys. You guys got us that one step closer by showing what hard work and dedication to your team can do.

As for our seniors. Way to go guys, I've watched almost all of you since your first practice in JFL. You guys really step it up this year and set the bar high for years to come. We'll all miss you.

Congratulations, Rams. I HATED getting beat by you guys, but you certainly deserved your win over LCA for the District Championship. Seniors, good luck next year as you continue your educations; and we look forward to seeing the rest of your team on the field next year. May you have a healthy off-season.

Congratulations, Rams. I HATED getting beat by you guys, but you certainly deserved your win over LCA for the District Championship. Seniors, good luck next year as you continue your educations; and we look forward to seeing the rest of your team on the field next year. May you have a healthy off-season.

Nice post Bluto.

Sorry I missed the toga.