Indoor Baseball in Lexington this winter.

OldVeteran

At Champions, I believe. My son has been asked to play, and I was wondering if it was a good thing or not.

Oh yes, gives you a chance to work on skills, hitting, fieldig, pitching.

Doesn't have the same feel as outdoor baseball, but anytime you have an opportunity to work on your skills, that's a plus.

This is an excellent league. We played in the Champions Indoor Classic in Nov. and loved it. The teams are very good and will only make you better. I have talked to several people and they all give it a BIG thumbs up. My son is on a team that will be playing in it from Johnson Co. and we will travel 2 hrs. to play! So, YES it is worth it.

How does an indoor league work in Lexington? I am hard pressed to think of a building big enough to have games in it or is it a drills and fundamental thing?

I am so lost about this...could someone please explain it for me???

Visit this site Champions Baseball and I believe in "Facilities", it will show a layout of the complex, and even photos of Lexington, Louisville and other facilities/locations.

Mark Blythe, Willie Blair and crew, do any outstanding job....super people. I've been to several camps, programs and showcases they run, excellent.

Oh yes, gives you a chance to work on skills, hitting, fieldig, pitching.

Doesn't have the same feel as outdoor baseball, but anytime you have an opportunity to work on your skills, that's a plus.

Not for sure but I think if 3 or more players from one high school are playing together, it's illegal. Might want to check on this one.

Not for sure but I think if 3 or more players from one high school are playing together, it's illegal. Might want to check on this one.
Is this a KHSAA ByLaw you are referring to, or a local school board. I'm not familiar with any stipulation, like you mentioned with regards to "3 or more players"....

There are certain things, a head baseball coach can't do, with regards to summer teams, uniforms, costs, etc....but if these players attend, they are usually under the supervision of the Champions staff.

Is this a KHSAA ByLaw you are referring to, or a local school board. I'm not familiar with any stipulation, like you mentioned with regards to "3 or more players"....

There are certain things, a head baseball coach can't do, with regards to summer teams, uniforms, costs, etc....but if these players attend, they are usually under the supervision of the Champions staff.

Correct. The entire team can practice with anyone that's not affiliated with the high school team year round if they like.

If the coaches aren't participating in the event, I can't imagine it being illegal. I misunderstood. I thought they were practicing as a team at the Champions facility.