Simon Kenton/Mason County Scrimmage

mcpapa

They need him at whatever percentage they can take him. No way his backups are on his level injured or not.

I agree that the players behind him are not as good as Mike, but he only had 2 points against Mason. I know Mason is very good, but Mike usually has double digits against everybody. If he is not able to contribute as he normally does, this will/should be a concern for SK coaches and fans.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the players behind him are not as good as Mike, but he only had 2 points against Mason. I know Mason is very good, but Mike usually has double digits against everybody. If he is not able to contribute as he normally does, this will/should be a concern for SK coaches and fans.

He will be fine.

I dont know why Hester didnt start the game and I also heard that Blevins didnt play at all. As for Hester not doing much, I dont know if it had anything to do with his foot ( hopefully not ) but some kids just dont get up for a scrimmage game. I hope once the season starts he will be back to his old self again.

SK needs Seth to play and play well this year. Hopefully he will have a good year.

SK plays in the 5/3 tourny and I think it is played at LexCath.

Correct on both. SK has an interesting draw with a first round game against Henry Clay, with the winner playing Trinity, and that winner has a probable matchup with Mason County!!

I assume that the Mason reserves will get a lot of PT. I didn't get a chance to see the St. Pat green-white game, but I did catch a few minutes of their scrimmage at Harrison County vs. Model, and St. Pat won that very easily. I predict a Mason County-St. Pat score something along the lines of 80-48; ultimately determined by: a)when the MC starters sit, and b) if St. Pat slows tempo way down.

Don't know about #3 for SK; he didn't start and only scored one basket according to my notes. In my earlier post with the game summary, the names/numbers of the players are pretty much in order of when they came into the game. If I was correct (and there's no guarantee of that), #3 was the last person off the bench to see action in the varsity game. Don't know if he is a regular and was hurt, etc. As is customary in scrimmages, there was no announcer, no program, etc.

I'm almost positive that he started the second quarter, and the choice of not starting him was not injury related. The injury didn't seem to be bothering him at all, he just didn't hit shots. He played pretty much the whole game after the first quarter.

Broken foot, but I don't know any specifics. He was supposed to be out for the first couple weeks of the regular season.

This was never confirmed, it was all speculations prior to actually knowing what was wrong, plus it was "just a stress fracture." The doctor told him to just take a week or two off.

I dont know why Hester didnt start the game and I also heard that Blevins didnt play at all. As for Hester not doing much, I dont know if it had anything to do with his foot ( hopefully not ) but some kids just dont get up for a scrimmage game. I hope once the season starts he will be back to his old self again.

I think this could be the reason for his lack of contribution.

This was never confirmed, it was all speculations prior to actually knowing what was wrong, plus it was "just a stress fracture." The doctor told him to just take a week or two off.

He does have a fracture near the growth plate and the doctor told him that he would not hurt it more by playing on it. Mike has decided to play through the pain and will probably need surgery once the season is over. This has been confirmed by a source from the team.

He does have a fracture near the growth plate and the doctor told him that he would not hurt it more by playing on it. Mike has decided to play through the pain and will probably need surgery once the season is over. This has been confirmed by a source from the team.

Yes, and the part about him missing playing time was never confirmed.:thumb: