No NFL Network Games On Insight?

gametime

I read the website iwantnflnetwork.com and I think it's not just the cable companies. To me it seems that NFL network is ok with both Sat. services because they include NFL network in their most popular packages, but with most cable companies you have to buy the sports package and have a digital box to get it. This limits the amount of homes it is available in, and thus limit their incomes from both the cable companies and from their sponsors.

The argument that NFL network is using states that they are charging the cable companies a small fee ($1-$2 per household with the NFL network) while the cable companies charge $7-$15 for the sports pack, and antoher $7-$20 for the box. What they fail to mention is that they aren't the only channel on the pack, if it was only NFL network I'd cancel the box and sports pack, but I like the dvr, and I also watch stuff on ESPN-U, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, CSTV, they also have channels I don't watch but some do like Outdoor, Speed, Versus, Golf, Tennis, and Soccer channels.

I have Direct TV, don't have the Sunday ticket, and got the game in beautiful HD.

I think the NFL is making a great business decision in putting games on their network. It won't be long until cable companies will be feeling the pressure to pay the price, and add the network.

I was disappointed in ESPN radio, they kept trashing NFL network, complaining that no one would be able to watch last nights game. It was such the topic of conversation, that it had to have been pushed by mgt. IMO, short memory, it wasn't that long ago that they were starting up, and were showing rodeo, and other 3rd tier programming.

I kept hearing Herm Edwards saying "A cornicopia of football" for 8 months then find out it's not on in my house. From what I heard tonight, the NFL created the NFL network to raise the bid on their new contract. The NFL knew they would drive up ESPN's bid if they gave them a bit of competition for SNFootball.