Magic Johnson steps down, stuns Lakers with resignation

Earvin was a horrible hire for many reasons, including: getting rid of D LO, Randle, and drafting Ball. Plus screwing up the AD talks. A good lotto pick plus prime free agents plus development of young Lakers will have Lebron in the mix next year.

The problem with that is that folks say that Pelinka is hated around the league by other GMs so they don’t want to make deals with him. Now after this mess, it could make it harder to lure free agents in to LA with the all of this instability.

The problem with that is that folks say that Pelinka is hated around the league by other GMs so they don’t want to make deals with him. Now after this mess, it could make it harder to lure free agents in to LA with the all of this instability.

Yes, Pelinka is not well liked since he used to be an agent. A big time one at that. So I am sure he gets the contract and financial side of things, but he is now needing to play nice with people he has never played nice with before. Magic was to be the counter to that. But let's be real. Magic is about good karma and I believe he thought that is what that position would entail. As in, his mere presence would bring good fortune to the Lakers. I buy into some of that, but at some point it catches up to you. When it requires to actually doing the dirty work, putting in long hours scouting Serbian teenagers, and doing what is necessary to be a successful NBA executive, he is not cut out for it.

If the rumblings are right then the whole LeBron runs the front office narrative will be put to bed.

Pelinka taking over as PBO/GM, Kurt Rambis as Assistant GM and Phil Jackson as a Special Advisor.

I hope that is all false but if that happens then clearly LeBron ain’t running the front office. Kobe Bean Bryant is.

If the rumblings are right then the whole LeBron runs the front office narrative will be put to bed.

Pelinka taking over as PBO/GM, Kurt Rambis as Assistant GM and Phil Jackson as a Special Advisor.

I hope that is all false but if that happens then clearly LeBron ain’t running the front office. Kobe Bean Bryant is.

So basically Kobe is trying to sabotage LeBron's legacy.

#mambaout