April 10, 20197 yr Not wanting to get sidetracked in the other thread, I started a new thread to discuss just how high the expectations for Bearcat Basketball are or should be. So, with all of that being said...I don't know that he's necessarily the guy to take UC to the next level. What would the next level look like at UC? Is it possible that Mick had UC as far as they could go?
April 10, 20197 yr What would the next level look like at UC? Is it possible that Mick had UC as far as they could go? I think Mick did a heck of a job, considering what the job looked like when he first took it. (Yeah, looking at you, Nancy). Did he overachieve in certain years? Probably so. Did he underachieve in other years? Again, maybe so. But, unless you're replacing the likes of a Coach K, Roy Williams, etc. where National Championships are an annual expectation...shouldn't any program look to build upon what they've done and try to get better?
April 10, 20197 yr Not wanting to get sidetracked in the other thread, I started a new thread to discuss just how high the expectations for Bearcat Basketball are or should be. What would the next level look like at UC? Is it possible that Mick had UC as far as they could go? The next level would start with hanging out at the big dance a little longer. I realize there are a lot of things that go into this, but maybe stronger conference.
April 10, 20197 yr They landed a 2 seed playing in the AAC and the way the bracket fell in '18, could've landed in San Antonio. No reason with the right coach they can't contend for Elite 8's and Final fours. Teams well below the caliber of UC have made the final four during the past decade.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.