Jaguars 26 Giants 10

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli has tunnel vision. He pretty much looks only for Burress. I read he was targeted 16 times. Also, Eli has this tendency of looking exactly where he wants to pass for a great amount of time. He doesn't try and look defenders off or keep them guessing, and at least one time last night it caused an INT.

I can't help but feel a little happy when I think back to draft day in 2004, was it?

I remember a certain QB and his father acting like babies and declaring they wouldn't sign a contract if he had to play with the San Diego Chargers. So, the Chargers made a great move...they drafted him #1, traded him to the Giants for a better QB and some boot.

I wonder if Eli doesn't wonder what it would be like to play with LT and Antonio Gates from time to time. And, if the Giants sometimes wonder if they should have kept Rivers and their extra picks. I bet one thing is for sure...the Chargers have no regrets.

I can't help but feel a little happy when I think back to draft day in 2004, was it?

I remember a certain QB and his father acting like babies and declaring they wouldn't sign a contract if he had to play with the San Diego Chargers. So, the Chargers made a great move...they drafted him #1, traded him to the Giants for a better QB and some boot.

I wonder if Eli doesn't wonder what it would be like to play with LT and Antonio Gates from time to time. And, if the Giants sometimes wonder if they should have kept Rivers and their extra picks. I bet one thing is for sure...the Chargers have no regrets.

Which ended up being Merriman and Keading.

Also, Eli has this tendency of looking exactly where he wants to pass for a great amount of time. He doesn't try and look defenders off or keep them guessing, and at least one time last night it caused an INT.

Here is where you were wrong. In Eli's interview last night he said he tried to look the linebacker off of Burress on one INT. He said the LB was right in front of BUrress so he looked him off (tried to) and thought he was going to move, that's why he threw it.

Funny how people are already saying Rivers is the better QB. When Rivers has played what , 10 games...and Eli has played...26? Don't think its too early do ya? How long did it take Terry Bradshaw to play well? Phil Simms?

I doubt Eli wonders what it's like to play with LT an Gates. He has Shockey and Barber..yeah they're not too bad.

If you don't know why Eli didn't want to go to San Diego, you don't watch football. At the time, they had recently had contract problems I believe with LT and Gates already, and they had been a HORRIBLE team for the past few years. This was the place where Ryan Leaf's career was ruined.

Funny how people are already saying Rivers is the better QB. When Rivers has played what , 10 games...and Eli has played...26? Don't think its too early do ya? How long did it take Terry Bradshaw to play well? Phil Simms?

I doubt Eli wonders what it's like to play with LT an Gates. He has Shockey and Barber..yeah they're not too bad.

If you don't know why Eli didn't want to go to San Diego, you don't watch football. At the time, they had recently had contract problems I believe with LT and Gates already, and they had been a HORRIBLE team for the past few years. This was the place where Ryan Leaf's career was ruined.

You aren't seriously going to say that the Chargers ruined Ryan Leaf's career are you?

There is a difference in not wanting to go somewhere, and acting like Terrell Owens and saying you won't play if they don't trade you. It was an arrogant act that he couldn't have pulled off if his last name wasn't Manning...

Terrell Owens did the same thing and people blast him for his actions...is it any different because a Manning does it?

Did anyone else notice how much Eli looked and acted like Peyton after that horrible interception he threw in the 4th quarter last night? I thought I was watching a Colts playoff game there for a minute. :D

You aren't seriously going to say that the Chargers ruined Ryan Leaf's career are you?

There is a difference in not wanting to go somewhere, and acting like Terrell Owens and saying you won't play if they don't trade you. It was an arrogant act that he couldn't have pulled off if his last name wasn't Manning...

Terrell Owens did the same thing and people blast him for his actions...is it any different because a Manning does it?

Did anyone else notice how much Eli looked and acted like Peyton after that horrible interception he threw in the 4th quarter last night? I thought I was watching a Colts playoff game there for a minute. :D

Did you honestly say TO's situation was not as bad? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TO GOT TRADED...but said that the place the 49ers traded him to (the Ravens) wasn't good enough! :laugh:

I'll say to you what I say to anyone else who criticizes Eli Manning.

If you're going to talk bad about his situation during the draft, then talk bad about John Elway as well, as he did the same thing. I have no problem with him doing what he did, just like I'd have no problem if Brady Quinn or someone else does the same thing to Oakland next year. It's his life, his decisions, he can make those decisions on his own.

Put in the hefty lefty and see what he can do.Maybe when the giants are out of it he will get some time.

I'm sick of hearing this, whether you are kidding or not. The Giants are 6-4, in first place in the NFC East and believe it or not...2nd in the NFC standings. The Hefty Lefty will keep doing what he's doing for the rest of the season, and that's holding the clip board.

Here is where you were wrong. In Eli's interview last night he said he tried to look the linebacker off of Burress on one INT. He said the LB was right in front of BUrress so he looked him off (tried to) and thought he was going to move, that's why he threw it.

Maybe I should change it from "doesn't" to "grossly ineffective" at it. The point is he refused to look elsewhere because he was so intent on getting it to Burress. The defense knows it too.