Dixie 58 Conner 54 (9th Region Quarterfinals)

It's been a pleasure watching these Sr's from Conner over the years. Hard way to go out the ball bounces funny sometimes. Coach Stamm did a fine job tonight it was just one of those games.

Edited by Dirty Dave
Spelling

Congrats to Dixie on a great victory. Curious about the technical foul fouling out the Conner player in fourth...tough ending of a great season for the Cougar ladies.

Drummond had just picked up #4 and looked like she got a little bit more ticked about it and said something where she got Teed up causing the 5th.

Dixie was in the driver's seat from the first play when Sydney Lockard drove left and finished off the glass. I believe Connor only led once all night (27-26). I have no information on this... but it looked like Connor might be battling sicknesses?

Conner just looked uninterested in this game from the start. This includes the coaching staff. Things didn’t go as planned and coaches had hands thrown in air and visually expressed displeasure but no timeouts called. No adjustments made and limped into halftime. In the second half much of the same until the end when their was a sliver of hope. Have seen this team play a lot and coaching staff was not in it either. Not sure if they just thought Dixie was going to pack it in.

Dixie was in the driver's seat from the first play when Sydney Lockard drove left and finished off the glass. I believe Connor only led once all night (27-26). I have no information on this... but it looked like Connor might be battling sicknesses?

They had a couple of brief (maybe 1-2 plays) leads but Dixie came back each time. Dixie's biggest lead was 12 before three 3 pointers cut it down inside a minute to go. Credit Grace Perry with hitting her last free throw that iced it.

They had a couple of brief (maybe 1-2 plays) leads but Dixie came back each time. Dixie's biggest lead was 12 before three 3 pointers cut it down inside a minute to go. Credit Grace Perry with hitting her last free throw that iced it.

Senior mentality.

Conner just looked uninterested in this game from the start. This includes the coaching staff. Things didn’t go as planned and coaches had hands thrown in air and visually expressed displeasure but no timeouts called. No adjustments made and limped into halftime. In the second half much of the same until the end when their was a sliver of hope. Have seen this team play a lot and coaching staff was not in it either. Not sure if they just thought Dixie was going to pack it in.

Very unimpressed with this post nicely slamming a coaching staff. I did not see anything different from the staff that we have not seen all year. They are not an animated staff and they let the girls play for the most part. A timeout to you in the stands may have been what "you" thought was necessary. Before the Technical at no point was Conner out of the game so why blow the timeout with a Veteran Team? What I saw was a Conner team that struggle to finish baskets, not sure I have seen this team miss that many shots. Dixie came out and controlled the game and played the perfect game they needed to win. It happens! The coaching staff did not lose this game for Conner, Dixie executed and Conner did not. Conner had a great season and 1 night should not define that season. Did it end in the result they were looking for, no but it was a darn good season.

If I wanted to slam someone then I would have. Seniors taking bad shots and forcing things I think would warrant a timeout. Stamm is a coach who is always smiling ear to ear as well as very vocal and clapping his team through games. Last night there was none of it. They made some bad mistakes and the coaching and encouragement through that didn’t happen. It was hands up, over the face or head down which is unusual.

Edited by GBBfan90
Edit

I didn’t see the game, but I have seen girls on other teams who are so focused on their stats that they won’t pass to teammates who are open. If the stats girls are hot, ok. When they aren’t and they aren’t used to playing team ball then it’s over.