Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle's Vince Murray

Featured Replies

Everytime I watch him he impresses me more than before. I've heard conflicting reports about his options for college. Anybody know anything?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last I,ve heard he wants to play baseball. I think a good ecruiter from a good program might change that though.

I tell you what at like 6'1 205+ he a beast of a RB at the high school level, and he has very natural running back skills. He is an aggressive runner and seems to get better as his carries come. IMO he's All-State for sure. I think he can play 1-AA atleast. He is a very good LB too.

Vince is a stud. Here is a picture:

vin.jpg

He doesn't gas either. He is out there the entire game literally. They love to blitz him on defense I'm pretty sure he had 11 sacks in the regular season, I'm pretty sure I read that.

Was curious about his numbers so I did a little searching...

 

Going into the playoffs Murray led Ryle with 860 rushing yards on 7.4 yards per carry. Gray was right behind him with 859, on 5.4 yards a carry. Since about week 8 his carries have been increased and he has responded in a huge way since it's the post-season rushing for very eye opening numbers, and leading the Raiders to a final 4 home game in the 4a playoffs. Here's what he has done so far in the playoffs.

 

v.s Dixie Heights 30 carries 273 yards 2 tds 9.1 yds/carry

 

v.s Campbell County 32 carries 158 yards 2 tds 4.9 yds/carry

 

v.s Meade County 16 carries 197 yards 2 tds 12.3 yds/carry

 

This brings his numbers rushing to 1468 yards rushing and 18 td's on 194 carries for an average of 7.5 a carry. That's pretty awesome stats considering that going into the playoffs he was second on the team with 94 tackles, 17 1/2 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and I know of atleast 1 defensive TD against Campbell. He plays pretty much every offensive and defensive down and never showns fatigue. He IMO is the best overall RB in NKY.

  • Author
Was curious about his numbers so I did a little searching...

 

Going into the playoffs Murray led Ryle with 860 rushing yards on 7.4 yards per carry. Gray was right behind him with 859, on 5.4 yards a carry. Since about week 8 his carries have been increased and he has responded in a huge way since it's the post-season rushing for very eye opening numbers, and leading the Raiders to a final 4 home game in the 4a playoffs. Here's what he has done so far in the playoffs.

 

v.s Dixie Heights 30 carries 273 yards 2 tds 9.1 yds/carry

 

v.s Campbell County 32 carries 158 yards 2 tds 4.9 yds/carry

 

v.s Meade County 16 carries 197 yards 2 tds 12.3 yds/carry

 

This brings his numbers rushing to 1468 yards rushing and 18 td's on 194 carries for an average of 7.5 a carry. That's pretty awesome stats considering that going into the playoffs he was second on the team with 94 tackles, 17 1/2 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and I know of atleast 1 defensive TD against Campbell. He plays pretty much every offensive and defensive down and never showns fatigue. He IMO is the best overall RB in NKY.

Either him or Farris I think. Vince has my vote for best overall player though.

Wasn't Griffen from CC voted best player in Northern Kentucky?

  • Author
Wasn't Griffen from CC voted best player in Northern Kentucky?

Not sure. If he was... they got it wrong :devil:

I tell you what at like 6'1 205+ he a beast of a RB at the high school level, and he has very natural running back skills. He is an aggressive runner and seems to get better as his carries come. IMO he's All-State for sure. I think he can play 1-AA atleast. He is a very good LB too.

 

 

He's taller than me and I'm 6'2".

Either him or Farris I think. Vince has my vote for best overall player though.

 

Murray is a lot stronger and plays both ways. Best back in NKY for sure.

  • Author
Murray is a lot stronger and plays both ways. Best back in NKY for sure.

Like I said... he's best overall player but strictly speaking as a running back, it's too close to call.

I had the pleasure of playing Boone Co. PeeWee football with Vince. Even back then he would amaze me.

If Vince (Ivan) Murry played only oneway, we could give him the ball every play, he would be the best in the state.

If Vince (Ivan) Murry played only oneway, we could give him the ball every play, he would be the best in the state.

 

I wouldn't argue you with you if Victor Anderson didn't play in this state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.