Ryle's Vince Murray

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what at like 6'1 205+ he a beast of a RB at the high school level, and he has very natural running back skills. He is an aggressive runner and seems to get better as his carries come. IMO he's All-State for sure. I think he can play 1-AA atleast. He is a very good LB too.

Was curious about his numbers so I did a little searching...

Going into the playoffs Murray led Ryle with 860 rushing yards on 7.4 yards per carry. Gray was right behind him with 859, on 5.4 yards a carry. Since about week 8 his carries have been increased and he has responded in a huge way since it's the post-season rushing for very eye opening numbers, and leading the Raiders to a final 4 home game in the 4a playoffs. Here's what he has done so far in the playoffs.

v.s Dixie Heights 30 carries 273 yards 2 tds 9.1 yds/carry

v.s Campbell County 32 carries 158 yards 2 tds 4.9 yds/carry

v.s Meade County 16 carries 197 yards 2 tds 12.3 yds/carry

This brings his numbers rushing to 1468 yards rushing and 18 td's on 194 carries for an average of 7.5 a carry. That's pretty awesome stats considering that going into the playoffs he was second on the team with 94 tackles, 17 1/2 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and I know of atleast 1 defensive TD against Campbell. He plays pretty much every offensive and defensive down and never showns fatigue. He IMO is the best overall RB in NKY.

Was curious about his numbers so I did a little searching...

Going into the playoffs Murray led Ryle with 860 rushing yards on 7.4 yards per carry. Gray was right behind him with 859, on 5.4 yards a carry. Since about week 8 his carries have been increased and he has responded in a huge way since it's the post-season rushing for very eye opening numbers, and leading the Raiders to a final 4 home game in the 4a playoffs. Here's what he has done so far in the playoffs.

v.s Dixie Heights 30 carries 273 yards 2 tds 9.1 yds/carry

v.s Campbell County 32 carries 158 yards 2 tds 4.9 yds/carry

v.s Meade County 16 carries 197 yards 2 tds 12.3 yds/carry

This brings his numbers rushing to 1468 yards rushing and 18 td's on 194 carries for an average of 7.5 a carry. That's pretty awesome stats considering that going into the playoffs he was second on the team with 94 tackles, 17 1/2 for loss, 9 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and I know of atleast 1 defensive TD against Campbell. He plays pretty much every offensive and defensive down and never showns fatigue. He IMO is the best overall RB in NKY.

Either him or Farris I think. Vince has my vote for best overall player though.

I tell you what at like 6'1 205+ he a beast of a RB at the high school level, and he has very natural running back skills. He is an aggressive runner and seems to get better as his carries come. IMO he's All-State for sure. I think he can play 1-AA atleast. He is a very good LB too.

He's taller than me and I'm 6'2".