Rose Hill schedule

ACE

I just saw a copy of the 2006-2007 schedule and it appears there are only 5, possibly a 6th, home games scheduled. Does anyone kow for sure if this is correct and if so why so few games at home?????

The schedule you have is, most likely correct. A goodly number of schools, including several in our region, chose to avoid playing Rose Hill particularly at Stewart Gymnasium. Both Fairview and Boyd County will be playing at Rose Hill. LexCath (overwhelming favorite to repeat as state champions) and powerhouse Towson Catholic (Maryland) will also visit Friendship Road for games.

• 2 weeks later...

You make it sound like all other teams are avoiding RH. If I am not mistaken they are playing at East and West this season, because East and West played at Stewart Gym last season. It's called returning the game and is quite common. Also, the KHSAA limits the number of games a team can play, RH is in several tournaments that limit their chances for home games.

RH will be very talented this season, no question, but don't make it sound like every school who doesn't play them at Stewart Gym is scared of them and refuses to schedule them.

You make it sound like all other teams are avoiding RH. If I am not mistaken they are playing at East and West this season, because East and West played at Stewart Gym last season. It's called returning the game and is quite common. Also, the KHSAA limits the number of games a team can play, RH is in several tournaments that limit their chances for home games.

RH will be very talented this season, no question, but don't make it sound like every school who doesn't play them at Stewart Gym is scared of them and refuses to schedule them.

I didn't say that area schools were afraid of Rose Hill. That, GoRadio, was your statement. Don't be so sensitive. It isn't becoming.

The schedule you have is, most likely correct. A goodly number of schools, including several in our region, chose to avoid playing Rose Hill particularly at Stewart Gymnasium. Both Fairview and Boyd County will be playing at Rose Hill. LexCath (overwhelming favorite to repeat as state champions) and powerhouse Towson Catholic (Maryland) will also visit Friendship Road for games.

Does Rose Hill have the same gym that they had 10 years ago?

I didn't say that area schools were afraid of Rose Hill. That, GoRadio, was your statement. Don't be so sensitive. It isn't becoming.

Read my post again Scooter. I never said anyone was "afraid" of Rose Hill. Those were your words. I simply restated what you originally said about teams "avoiding" RH. And again, I don't think anyone is avoiding them. This just happens to be one of those seasons that all teams have when home games are as scarce as hens teeth.

I am not sensitive. Just taking up for schools in the area who schedule RH most years. Have a good season!

Mason County boys only have 9 home games this season; I'm told this is more a function of having scheduled many teams "home and home" last year and this year; and this year the majority of those games are away. Not a result of folks not wanting to play in the Fieldhouse. Don't know if this could be the case for the Rose Hill girls as well.