Ryle 56 George Rogers Clark 45 (LIT Championship)

Stats and All tourney team.

Ryle (22-4) – Brie Crittendon 13, Austin Johnson 9, Lauren Schwartz 12, Maddie Scherr 15, Jaiden Douthit 7.

George Rogers Clark (16-9) – Jazz Flowers 6, Maleaha Bell 13, Kennedy Igo 6, Shelbi Wilson 2, Tyra Flowers 1, Brianna Byars 2, Hayley Harrison 15.

All-tournament team

Maddie Scherr, Lauren Schwartz (Ryle)

Maleaha Bell, Hayley Harrison, Kennedy Igo (George Rogers Clark)

Nila Blackford (Manual)

Emma King, Kaitlynn Wilks (Lincoln County)

Lexi Taylor (Bullitt East)

Mikayla Kinnard (Eastern).

I don’t understand how GRC gets 3 all tournament and they were the runner up and Ryle only got 2 all tournament as the champion. Can anyone explain?

I would assume it’s based off performance throughout the tournament. The committee picks who they thought made an impact during the event. Lincoln got two while the other Final 4 team only got 1. It’s not the format where the 1st place team automatically gets 4 players, 2nd team get 3, etc.

Ryle got through 3 fine teams in defeating Eastern, Lincoln co, then GRC. Congrats to the Raiders!

Ryle's 10th grader Brie Crittendon put up nice stats for tourney as well, made a great impact during the title game, so it may have seemed a no-brainer to include her in the all tourney team after helping her team win the LIT. But, as mentioned, this wasn't the typical "winner gets more" all tourney members. And certainly the others who made the team were also deserving.

Lauren Schwartz was named the LIT Defensive MVP, while Maddie Scherr was named the LIT Offensive MVP. Great job ladies!

I don’t understand how GRC gets 3 all tournament and they were the runner up and Ryle only got 2 all tournament as the champion. Can anyone explain?

I would assume it’s based off performance throughout the tournament. The committee picks who they thought made an impact during the event. Lincoln got two while the other Final 4 team only got 1. It’s not the format where the 1st place team automatically gets 4 players, 2nd team get 3, etc.

Agree. It is based on performance during the tourney.

Congrats to all that were selected.

Edited by bugatti

Agree.it is based on performance during the tourney.

No matter how it was based I'm surprised that Brie Crittendon from Ryle was not selected.... (LIT #s :13ppg, 7 rpg, 3 apg). Brie had a nice tournament for the Lady Raiders and was a big X factor in them winning.

Who would you take off to replace her to the list?

An easy choice would probably be Kennedy Igo... who averaged 13 ppg, 3 rpg, and only 1 apg during the LIT. So less rebounds/assists with same points average as Crittendon.

On top of that Igo had a measly 6 points in the championship game compared to Crittendon's near double double.

An easy choice would probably be Kennedy Igo... who averaged 13 ppg, 3 rpg, and only 1 apg during the LIT. So less rebounds/assists with same points average as Crittendon.

On top of that Igo had a measly 6 points in the championship game compared to Crittendon's near double double.

:no:

Not sure why the head shake. Stats don’t lie. No offense to Igo. She is a great player but just don’t see it. Twice, she was held under 30% shooting in the tournament and had her one game in double figures against a BE team that hasn’t been ranked in top 20 all year I don’t think. When she played the other two teams she did not fair as well.

Ryle goes through 3 teams that have been in the top top 12 all year. And only one game in only the scoring category does Igo outperform Crittendon.

Maybe player of the game for that game for Igo but I would side with Crittendon for all tournament.

Agree. It is based on performance during the tourney.

Did you not say it's based on performance throughout the entire tournament?

So if Crittendon had a better avg and better stats in the title game wouldn't that mean you would agree she should have replaced Igo on the All Tourney team?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Igo! Trust me she is a great player but this to me is pretty straight forward.

No dog in this fight but would like to add. PG’s bring a lot more to their respective teams than stats may show. In saying this, I strongly believe that Scherr is a lot better than her stats may dictate. And she has some good stats don’t get me wrong, just think she’s on another level.

I do know at the LIT, if you’re chosen for the All Tourney Team, it was given to you by a bunch of basketball junkies that whatched every game and knew what to look for in how you’re helping your team and what you may have meant to it.

I don’t want to take anything away from Crittenden either. IMO, she’s the next great one that’s going to come out or Ryle. She’ll be another Schwartz type player.