Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61

All I know is this is a weak 9th region compared to past years. It is absent of stars and one of best players in the 9th is Big Ben. You have to get out of districts and should get a game in the regional; otherwise next year you return back to the squad that battles to get to 500. Throw in that a few ex birds played for NewCath last night and you begin to wonder why kids are leaving or do you? Bird have flown to NC, Silver Grove, among others. Trust what process?

I keep seeing the 9th is “weak” this year, but it’s supposed top 4 teams have all been ranked in the top 20 in the state. The top 2, CCH/Cooper have been top 5-10. The 9th may be more competitively balanced than past years, but it isn’t weak, imo.

When was the last time Highlands defeated NCC in basketball?

I'd say an even better question would be, when was the last time that Highlands defeated NCC & Cov Cath in the same season?

Very happy for the kids (especially the seniors) and the coaching staff for what they've been doing this year. Hope they can make a nice little post season run.

I'd say an even better question would be, when was the last time that Highlands defeated NCC & Cov Cath in the same season?

Very happy for the kids (especially the seniors) and the coaching staff for what they've been doing this year. Hope they can make a nice little post season run.

Same year 2010. Highlands had a nice team that year, but injuries killed them. That was the year of Lother, Grote, Kowolonek, Watson, Dill, Grubbs, and Smith-Keller as seniors and Jack Stewart and Pat Crowley as juniors.

I would hope so as a the Birds are Senior dominant and played a young NewCath squad that has freshmen and sophomores as varsity contributors. If you don’t get at of the district this year, change should be coming.

Highlands may finish with 20 wins, cant see a coaching being warranted. The NCC game is a nice win, congrats to the Birds.