Godot's BGP Fantasy Football League - Week Eleven

Godot

Wow, talk about a tricky situation. This could have big implications for both teams.

I think there should be some kind of deadline where a game is final no matter what changes Elias makes. I think in my mind that deadline has always been when waiver wire free agency was closed and open free agency began.

In my opinion, because this is a change made after the games have been declared final the game stands as is(sorry HB). I think if you make this change now, then you have to be fair and go back and see if there are any other games affected and make the changes there as well.

If there's a change, it is on the team manager to make his case. HB did so, and deserves the points... :p

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a change, it is on the team manager to make his case. HB did so, and deserves the points... :p

So, by that logic, I go back to Week 2 and see that Elias made a change that gives me 3 more points and I bring it to Godot's attention. 3 points changes the outcome of the week, you're good with that?

What happens if Elias drags their feet and for some reason doesn't announce a change for Week 3 until Week 14 and that change has a drastic outcome on who should have and should not have made the playoffs?:devil: :D

Like I said, I'm good with whatever the majority decides. But going forward, I think there needs to be an official day designated that indicates all scores are final no matter what changes Elias makes after that date.

So, by that logic, I go back to Week 2 and see that Elias made a change that gives me 3 more points and I bring it to Godot's attention. 3 points changes the outcome of the week, you're good with that?

What happens if Elias drags their feet and for some reason doesn't announce a change for Week 3 until Week 14 and that change has a drastic outcome on who should have and should not have made the playoffs?:devil: :D

Like I said, I'm good with whatever the majority decides. But going forward, I think there needs to be an official day designated that indicates all scores are final no matter what changes Elias makes after that date.

I'm good with kickoff the next week...

You can say IF all you want...but this didn't take that long. It took FOUR days. My team will have been robbed of a win 4 days after the game if we don't change the score. I said it myself that even if one game had passed, I wouldn't want the score changed...but one game has not passed.

You can say IF all you want...but this didn't take that long. It took FOUR days. My team will have been robbed of a win 4 days after the game if we don't change the score. I said it myself that even if one game had passed, I wouldn't want the score changed...but one game has not passed.

Look, I understand where you're coming from and why it's important to you. But the scores were set FINAL on Tuesday morning when Godot posted them. My opinion is when the game is final, it's final. I don't think the scores should be changed regardless of who it affects.

With that said, let me ask this, did Yahoo go back and change their league scores? Did ESPN? Did CBSSportsline?

GT, you work for Getsportsinfo.com, did they go back and change their scoring and change any losers to winners based on the scoring change?

I will say if ALL those fantasy leagues went back and updated their scores and changed the outcome of some games, then I will change my opinion.

Let me hear some input from the teams not involved in this game. What do you think?
HB, you made your point when you sent me the PM informing me of the change. I ask for input from the teams not involved.

I agree that you should get the points. My problem is that Thursday is to late (see below). If it had happen on Wednesday I would have been no question, but by Thursday everyones looking ahead to the neaxt game.

My initial thoughts are that Thursday is to late to be changing the stats and the outcome of a game. I'd hate to be the guy that is told on Thursday that you actually lost your game because the stats were changed.

HB, don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but everything you say about this will just be to argue your point.

Put yourself in the RiverRats place for a second, how would you like to be told on Thursday or Friday that you didn't win.

Also remember that what ever I do will effect the playoff picture. It will change who you and ARR play in the first round.

News Flash

I missed this earlier this week. As I was looking over the stats and standings because of Crusty Ankles situation I found something.

The Sitka Stars have clinched the Central Division. Congratulations MOJO and welcome to the elite club of Division Winners.

HB, don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but everything you say about this will just be to argue your point.

Put yourself in the RiverRats place for a second, how would you like to be told on Thursday or Friday that you didn't win.

Also remember that what ever I do will effect the playoff picture. It will change who you and ARR play in the first round.

It has happened to me before in another league, therefore I'm fine with it in the RiverRats position.

Look, I understand where you're coming from and why it's important to you. But the scores were set FINAL on Tuesday morning when Godot posted them. My opinion is when the game is final, it's final. I don't think the scores should be changed regardless of who it affects.

With that said, let me ask this, did Yahoo go back and change their league scores? Did ESPN? Did CBSSportsline?

GT, you work for Getsportsinfo.com, did they go back and change their scoring and change any losers to winners based on the scoring change?

I will say if ALL those fantasy leagues went back and updated their scores and changed the outcome of some games, then I will change my opinion.

Yahoo changed it, ESPN changed it...not sure about CBS Sportsline.

"Nov 15 Les Bowen, of the Philadelphia Daily news, reports the NFL has changed Philadelphia Eagles WR Reggie Brown's catch and fumble that resulted in a fumble recovery and touchdown for RB Correll Buckhalter has been changed. The NFL ruled Brown did not have possession before Buckhalter caught his deflection, giving Buckhalter a 55-yard touchdown reception instead of a fumble recovery. WR Reggie Brown now has one catch for 18 yards during the Week 10 game. QB Donovan McNabb now has 257 yards passing in addition to the 55-yard touchdown pass."

From Yahoo.com

Fox Sports is reporting it as well:

Originally ruled a fumble recovery, RB Correll Buckhalter snatching up the ball that WR Reggie Brown lost has now been ruled a 55-yard touchdown catch. The NFL decided that Brown never officially had possession of the ball and are thus treating it like Buckhalter caught a deflected pass from McNabb. As the Philadelphia Inquirer reports, "The decision changes a lot of things, including some fantasy-league results across the country." (Thu. Nov 16, 2006)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/70412

Its a mess, if i keep or he gets it I fine with that. Its the best fantasy league Ive ever been in and any decision will not change that. My only thoughts are that the scores were made official and free agwency filled. But like I said I fine either way. ( Just give us a tie.)

:thumb: I'm not going to let this anger me towards anyone in the league no matter the decision.