Godot's BGP Fantasy Football League - Week Eleven

Godot

This could go either way. Keep in mind their have been games where the incorrect call was made (Colorado and the fifth down fiasco) and the final outcome was not changed. Whatever we decide, it probably wouldn't hurt to make a rule that designates a day where scores become final no matter what for the future.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could go either way. Keep in mind their have been games where the incorrect call was made (Colorado and the fifth down fiasco) and the final outcome was not changed. Whatever we decide, it probably wouldn't hurt to make a rule that designates a day where scores become final no matter what for the future.

Colorado? Are you talking about college football? That would have no bearing on NFL Fantasy football.

I agree a final score day needs to be made in the rules and we will learn from this and move on. Either way the East Rules and I still think we will get 3 teams in no matter what. To be honest guys, I havent even put much thought into this at all this week, we just layed off 61 people at work last night and I had to go and tell 4 off my guys the bad news. 2 of them were my best workers. We eneded 2nd shift (my shift) and 81 more people will be demoted and lose up to $7.00 an hour to keep their job. So really just give me my win, I mean either way is fine with me;)

Colorado? Are you talking about college football? That would have no bearing on NFL Fantasy football.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, but I'm talking about results being final after the game ends. Back in 1990, Colorado played Missouri and scored the winning touchdown in the 4th quarter after they were given a fifth down on offense after starting first and goal. The refs realized they messed up after Colorado scored, but Colorado was still awarded the points and won the game.

This was a comparison to what happened in your situation. The play in the Eagles game was initially scored as a fumble and that's how it was looked at in the boxscore when the game ended.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, but I'm talking about results being final after the game ends. Back in 1990, Colorado played Missouri and scored the winning touchdown in the 4th quarter after they were given a fifth down on offense after starting first and goal. The refs realiazed they messed up after Colorado scored, but Colorado was still awarded the points and won the game.

This was a comparison to what happened in your situation. The play in the Eagles game was initially scored as a fumble and that's how it was looked at in the boxscore when the game ended.

Comparing real life football to Fantasy football doesn't make sense. Scoring here is done very different than on the field. Going back and changing a real life football game would simply not work...changing the score of a FANTASY FOOTBALL game would work. Yahoo does it (did it in this case), ESPN does it, CBSSportsline does it...

Heck I've been on the losing end of a change on Yahoo. I didnt like it, but I didnt complain either, because my team got beat fair and square.

All we got to go by is stats...and technically, my team won based on stats. Like I've said before in this thread...if this had came up a week down the road...I wouldn't have said a word...but NO GAMES have been played, that's why I don't think it's a big deal to give the game to the rightful winner.

McNabb Decision

I've been thinking a lot about this since Thursday, knowing someone was going to be unhappy with which ever decision I made.

We've been told that the big impersonal machines like Yahoo and Sportsline have made the change.

I've also discussed the topic with several local league commissioners to see how they are doing it.

I am going to stay with my initial gut feeling that Thursday is to late to make that kind of change. In addition, I am going to state that the for the remainder of this season that any stats change will be handled the same way. For the 2007 season we will put this issue to a league vote for how we want to handle it.

rs

I said it earlier, and I meant it...I am not upset by the decision. I might not agree with it, but this is still the best league I've ever been a part of BY FAR and something small like this will not cause me to think any different. Thanks for putting in the work to make it so great Godot. This will just give my team extra motivation to win! :lol:

I'm just looking at this from afar, and I know you have already made the decision but I believe the best move would have been to give HB the points. I think the way to go in the future for you guys would be kickoff the next week for changes in scores. And again, if you need someone after this season for the league, let me know, I've been wanting in this league for a few years and am still waiting.

I'm just looking at this from afar, and I know you have already made the decision but I believe the best move would have been to give HB the points. I think the way to go in the future for you guys would be kickoff the next week for changes in scores. And again, if you need someone after this season for the league, let me know, I've been wanting in this league for a few years and am still waiting.

:thumb:

Could have used your input earlier! :lol:

I think that if the scores were made official then the results should be final and no changes made. I understand about the change but it should have been before the games were declared final.

I agree with NWO...here's why.

The game was over and the call was made AFTER the game...when a controversial situation arises in real game situations, they don't go back and change the outcome once they see the call was wrong. The league apologizes for the refs miscue and that's it.

I see this similiar to something like Big Ben's touchdown last season in the Super Bowl. Did he get in? Didn't look like it, but after the game it's done and over. HB's argument might be that this is not a scoring situation, but a change in stats, but since our scoring system IS based on stats, I feel it can't be changed.

The input of an outsider is pointless and not needed (unless it was for me):D