Newport/Beechwood prediction

I am pulling for Newport to win this game. The winner of this game will likely win the 9th region all a title.

I think that you're right, but last year looked like it belonged to Newport, and then came Beechwood for the steal.

I fully expect St. Henry, NewCath, and Holy Cross to come to play with hopes to spoil.

Can they?

Not sure, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. With that said this play-in game sure does look like the championship game is being played first, and all said and done might just prove to be.

Beechwood is much, much better than last year. Bieger adds a tough, aggressive, guard that can handle the ball. Brannen, Draud, Deathrage all back and more seasoned. Busald is a knock down shooter.

Newport lost its best player from last years game. Though their 3 seniors are really nice!

The difference. Beechwood at home.

How does it not? They hit their free throws, they win.

One teams failure to execute speaks to their coming up short at a critical time and says nothing about the beneficiary. Luck...maybe? But, stealing.....I think not. Don't forget hack-a-shack was totally within the rules. Just because he shot bricks, no one justifiably felt the other team were thiefs. If you don't hit them in crunch time, you didn't deliver when the game was on the line.