Ryan Day poaches Michigan coach

John Anthony

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Don't listen to him, or any other sports radio anymore.

You guys were adamant last offseason that he was a great coach. If that were true, which it wasn't, why did Ohio State show him the door?

It wasn’t so much we thought he was a great coach. He is but that wasn’t the point. The way the Tennessee fans treated him was a joke. Wrapping him with the Penn State stuff was classless.

It wasn’t so much we thought he was a great coach. He is but that wasn’t the point. The way the Tennessee fans treated him was a joke. Wrapping him with the Penn State stuff was classless.

It's part of his resume. Everything in a candidate's coaching past is relevant IMO.

Now 13 assistants have left Michigan under Jim Harbaugh:

As the lone Michigan fan on here, what’s your take on this?

I don't really have a take on it. I don't care who the coach is, what their staff is, etc.

I root for them on Saturday's. I couldn't name you a single coach on their staff, other than Harbaugh. I couldn't tell you whether they have the 1st or 100th or somewhere in between recruiting class. I probably couldn't name more than 3-4 players on their roster if I'm being honest. Point being, I'm a fan of them, but I don't take it anywhere close to as seriously or follow it anywhere close to as closely as you guys do.

And, for the record, I'm definitely not the only Michigan fan on here.

I don't really have a take on it. I don't care who the coach is, what their staff is, etc.

I root for them on Saturday's. I couldn't name you a single coach on their staff, other than Harbaugh. I couldn't tell you whether they have the 1st or 100th or somewhere in between recruiting class. I probably couldn't name more than 3-4 players on their roster if I'm being honest. Point being, I'm a fan of them, but I don't take it anywhere close to as seriously or follow it anywhere close to as closely as you guys do.

I was wondering why you’ve never started a Michigan thread on here, at least, that I remember. You seem to follow the Cats much more.

I was wondering why you’ve never started a Michigan thread on here, at least, that I remember. You seem to follow the Cats much more.

I follow college football from a 30,000 foot level more so than specific teams. I root for Michigan and Kentucky. Kentucky is easier to follow more closely because of how much more information there is in this area. Even still, I can't name more than 5-6 guys on Kentucky's team. :idunno: Just the way it is.

Dude. How are you going to call yourself a Michigan fan when you don't even know which grad assistant is supposed to bring Jim his coffee every morning.

It's part of his resume. Everything in a candidate's coaching past is relevant IMO.

Part of his resume?!? Surely to goodness you don’t honestly believe Schiano should have to bear a scarlet letter simply because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He had no involvement in any of the Penn State stuff. The Tennessee fans didn’t believe he was a good coach so they found any excuse to get the adminstration to go back on their decision. It was despicable what they did. Whether Schiano is a good coach or not is irrelevant after the fans did what they did.