Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 62 Scott 53

Featured Replies

That is what is so puzzling! Other than Meredith showing frustration with Harrison guarding her this was an isolated incident. There were no warnings or anything prior to the double ejection. Harrison was simply trying to help Meredith up after she took a hard fall into the stands. Such a steep penalty for an incident that should have at most been a technical. Very unfortunate for Harrison who was trying to show sportsmanship.

That is what is so puzzling! Other than Meredith showing frustration with Harrison guarding her this was an isolated incident. There were no warnings or anything prior to the double ejection. Harrison was simply trying to help Meredith up after she took a hard fall into the stands. Such a steep penalty for an incident that should have at most been a technical. Very unfortunate for Harrison who was trying to show sportsmanship.

 

I agree with RAP it seems like a bigger deal to just hear about it and also like you’ve mentioned it’s very confusing. Can anyone else add perspective? Mya was getting frustrated by Harrison’s defense. Were either player chirping at the refs? What about the coaches? Did the altercation look more like a fight? Pushing or shoving?

That is what is so puzzling! Other than Meredith showing frustration with Harrison guarding her this was an isolated incident. There were no warnings or anything prior to the double ejection. Harrison was simply trying to help Meredith up after she took a hard fall into the stands. Such a steep penalty for an incident that should have at most been a technical. Very unfortunate for Harrison who was trying to show sportsmanship.

 

What is going on in Eagleland? Meredith transfers to Scott and was given free reign to do whatever? Sounds like a coaching problem there. She may have some potential talent but coaches have to help kids learn to not be so self focused. I hear she’s already shooting more than Secrist and others there. Feel bad for seniors who don’t have a coach to protect them from that stuff

I have no knowledge about the closed-door operations of their program, but Meredith is shooting 52% while Secrist is shooting is at 45% from the floor. Meredith is averaging 13 shots per game vs Secrist's 8. I can understand the importance of a leadership hierarchy... but why shouldn't the most efficient shooters be shooting the most? Just seems like good logic.

I have no knowledge about the closed-door operations of their program, but Meredith is shooting 52% while Secrist is shooting is at 45% from the floor. Meredith is averaging 13 shots per game vs Secrist's 8. I can understand the importance of a leadership hierarchy... but why shouldn't the most efficient shooters be shooting the most? Just seems like good logic.

 

Those are helpful stats. Makes a difference for sure. I can understand the coach helping get good opportunities for her.

 

But 13 shots vs 8 per game seems a little much for this early in the season to ask your veteran senior to accept though. Meredith is new, and I hope she’s respecting her team mates well. I haven’t seen them play yet but have heard it’s not fun to watch. Scott Coach gives Meredith lots of freedom to complain, react poorly to teammates and take bad shots. The ejection is case in point.

 

What are the assists stats? Bet Secrist has 2-3 times as many as Meredith. The best players ALWAYS have high assists rates

What is going on in Eagleland? Meredith transfers to Scott and was given free reign to do whatever? Sounds like a coaching problem there. She may have some potential talent but coaches have to help kids learn to not be so self focused. I hear she’s already shooting more than Secrist and others there. Feel bad for seniors who don’t have a coach to protect them from that stuff

 

This is pretty accurate to what I observed at Ryle. Summer seemed the second option when Mya couldn’t get a shot off. Meredith forced a lot and didn’t want to give the ball up. Oddly, once Ryle’s twos were in down the stretch Scott left there starters in so Mya was really aggressive padding her stats vs the JVs. Is there a good coaching reason to leave in your staters when getting beat bad? Maybe helps build confidence?

  • Author
Little surprised double ejection didn't come up in Goldens game summary. Pretty big story when a Mrs. Basketball candidate and an important transfer player (both pre season top 10 players in the region) get ejected. Don't recall the last time I've ever seen a player thrown out of a basketball game besides the rare double technicals. Were tempers flaring all game or was this just one isolated incident?

I was not at the game and only had what our radio announcers reported which wasn't much. They didn't even say they were ejected. I didn't know that till I read it on here. I knew Harrison didn't play anymore and thought that was a coaching decision for GRC.

I was not at the game so I am just going on what I read here but was Meredith and Harrison both ejected and will they have to set out two games? Mya Meredith is a talent but I wondered a little about chemistry at least early in the season. Meredith needs the ball in her hands and Summer Secrist is a proven veteran who got her points last season even with a star teammate like Anna Clephane on the team. Scott will be a threat if the chemistry is there. Hayley Harrison is as good as billed and I can't see her getting ejected and going from the reports here some viewers seem to think neither girl should have been ejected. Tough call.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.