Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Floyd Central suspends head coach Kevin Spurlock

Featured Replies

This type of thing would never happen in eastern Kentucky!!! (I don’t know if you could tell. But I laughed hysterically while typing that sentence.)

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason for a coach to go cussing at players. You can get the same message across without cussing at children.

No reason for a coach to go cussing at players. You can get the same message across without cussing at children.

 

That's basically where I'm at on this.

 

Over the course of all my formative years, I had coaches who used any combination of screaming, yelling and cussing, and I had coaches who did none of those. I would certainly never say that a coach shouldn't ever yell, but cussing isn't necessary.

 

I don't know many spectators who could walk away from a youth game after listening to a bunch of players cussing like sailors without saying or thinking they didn't like hearing that out of the players. Heck, players can be given penalties in most all youth sports for cussing in a game. Why would we give those players' coach a pass when they display the same behavior, then?

No reason for a coach to go cussing at players. You can get the same message across without cussing at children.

 

Total agree. A job of a coach is to teach and motivate. I'm not against yelling, or getting in a kids face for being lazy but there is no need to degrade them while doing it. Yelling at a kids performance can be the kick in the butt they need. Yelling while degrading who they are just makes them lose confidence in themselves, the coach and a sport they love.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.