Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 52 Panthers 21

Featured Replies

Was expecting a better game. Steelers were getting after Cam quite a bit.

Somebody help explain something to me. The Steelers have had different offensive coordinators over the years and their play calling continues to show a lot of imagination with each coordinator. I know they have talent at the key positions, but they always seem to dial up something with misdirection that stumps the defense. Why is that? I'm somewhat jealous in that I can look at the Bengals and most of the time predict what's coming no matter who the Cincy offensive coordinator is. I don't get it.

That early pick 6 by Cam really gave the Steelers a lot of momentum. The Steelers pass rush really came on as well. Hated to see Conner leave the game and go into concussion protocol, but with Bell likely returning soon they could be scary good if they can integrate him back in and have a two headed backfield between those two.

Somebody help explain something to me. The Steelers have had different offensive coordinators over the years and their play calling continues to show a lot of imagination with each coordinator. I know they have talent at the key positions, but they always seem to dial up something with misdirection that stumps the defense. Why is that? I'm somewhat jealous in that I can look at the Bengals and most of the time predict what's coming no matter who the Cincy offensive coordinator is. I don't get it.

 

The Steelers are consistently better than the Bengals at just about everything.

 

I thought Big Ben and the Steelers looked amazing last night.

Somebody help explain something to me. The Steelers have had different offensive coordinators over the years and their play calling continues to show a lot of imagination with each coordinator. I know they have talent at the key positions, but they always seem to dial up something with misdirection that stumps the defense. Why is that? I'm somewhat jealous in that I can look at the Bengals and most of the time predict what's coming no matter who the Cincy offensive coordinator is. I don't get it.

 

Forget the co-ordinators. Credit for the Steelers offensive success goes to Ben and to their consistently very good offensive lines.

That early pick 6 by Cam really gave the Steelers a lot of momentum. The Steelers pass rush really came on as well. Hated to see Conner leave the game and go into concussion protocol, but with Bell likely returning soon they could be scary good if they can integrate him back in and have a two headed backfield between those two.

 

Sounding more and more likely that Bell isn't going to report.

Sounding more and more likely that Bell isn't going to report.

 

I heard that he could still be a free agent even if he doesn't report. He doesn't have to get the year of service to become a free agent. It depends on what the Steelers decide to do with his contract. Is that correct?

I heard that he could still be a free agent even if he doesn't report. He doesn't have to get the year of service to become a free agent. It depends on what the Steelers decide to do with his contract. Is that correct?

 

Basically, the way I've seen it explained is that regardless of whether or not he reports if the Steelers want to use the tag on him again next season, it'd have to be the "QB" tag, which would mean it'd come with a significantly higher $ tag than the one he received this year. They explained that with that being the case there was almost no chance the Steelers would actually do so, and he'd be a free agent free to sign wherever he pleased.

Forget the co-ordinators. Credit for the Steelers offensive success goes to Ben and to their consistently very good offensive lines.

 

The Steelers are consistently better than the Bengals at just about everything.

 

I thought Big Ben and the Steelers looked amazing last night.

 

I'm still struggling with this guys. Why are the Steelers better? The Steelers play calling is always amazing. When Smith-Schuster floated down the line of scrimmage and Big Ben hit him with a short pass and he ran for a first down, there was misdirection from other players, a pump fake, and movement of the entire OL to make the play a success. The play took imagination and the Steelers always seem to have it. The perfect trick play at the perfect time. Execution. Players knowing their role. Don't the Bengals have imagination in their play calling? Don't they have talent (everybody says they do)? I'm tired of Cincy being the D-student whenever they play Pittsburgh. It just didn't make sense with the turnover of Pittsburgh O-coordinators on how they can continue to be so successful and imaginative. Yes, the Steelers have lots of talent too! So do the Bengals. The Steelers have something else and I think I know the ultimate answer to my question. In reference to James Conner, somebody said he runs like he's seen death! That probably is the difference in a nutshell.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.