Northern Kentucky 102 Wilmington (OH) 38

UK#1fanisback

Not much to learn from this one. Only interesting thing is to see who continues to get minutes as the competition gets tougher. Norse are pretty deep this year.

I was thinking just the opposite, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think they are deep at all. They are really going to miss Carson Williams and Faulkner. I'm also not too keen on playing D3 competition.

I was thinking just the opposite, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think they are deep at all. They are really going to miss Carson Williams and Faulkner. I'm also not too keen on playing D3 competition.

Agree with the D3 game--it's useless.

Of the ten players listed who scored 5 or more points, who do you see as NOT being in the mix?

Agree with the D3 game--it's useless.

Of the ten players listed who scored 5 or more points, who do you see as NOT being in the mix?

I'm sorry but Vogt and Djoko just aren't D1 players and Mocoby is not ready yet to guard a D1 athelete. I like his offense however so he might get in against a zone defense. I do like Adheke however he is very raw. Look forward in seeing his improvement. He plays hard but might see foul trouble with him early.

I'm sorry but Vogt and Djoko just aren't D1 players and Mocoby is not ready yet to guard a D1 athelete. I like his offense however so he might get in against a zone defense. I do like Adheke however he is very raw. Look forward in seeing his improvement. He plays hard but might see foul trouble with him early.

Agree with you on all of these to some extent but you're talking about your 8, 9, and 10 players in the rotation. Mocaby will play a lot and have a big game on occasion--he's another Cole Murray. Djoko is a back up point guard at best but they have others who can fill that role (he wouldn't touch the floor if Cobbs was available). Vogt will get 5-10 minutes a game because he's 7'0" (which is why he's a D1 athlete).

Having freshman not yet ready to play no matter how talented is still having lack of depth. I think they will struggle to score at times. If Drew has an off night they might be in trouble. Need someone else to step up, maybe Walton can be the guy.

Who said they aren't ready to play?

IMO NKU is not nearly as deap as they were the last few years. I would bet Coach B will only play 7-8 once conference starts instead of 9 or more that has played previously. It's a shame because they would have really be strong with Williams and Faulkner still on the roster.

IMO NKU is not nearly as deap as they were the last few years. I would bet Coach B will only play 7-8 once conference starts instead of 9 or more that has played previously. It's a shame because they would have really be strong with Williams and Faulkner still on the roster.

Maybe so, but not sure you want guys on the roster who have no desire to be there.

Having freshman not yet ready to play no matter how talented is still having lack of depth. I think they will struggle to score at times. If Drew has an off night they might be in trouble. Need someone else to step up, maybe Walton can be the guy.

Teams tend to struggle when their best overall player and leader has an off night. This isn't an NKU specific issue.

***I do not mean for this to be as snarky as it sounds.**