Georgia Tech 66 Louisville 31

swamprat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking to some coworkers today about this situation and they were saying it was $14MIL if the AD had stayed, now that the AD is gone and their's a new AD in, the buyout dropped to $500K, not sure where they got this info at...

I’m pretty sure that’s not true.

Petrino's buyout cost did cut in half when Jurich was canned. That is the amount due to U of L if Petrino left before the end of the contract.

The challenge is that the contract also has a 'no-seek other jobs' clause that makes any negotiation, personally or by agent, with another school a direct breach of contract. That is unless the school indicates it will not renew or extend his contract. So it now cost other schools only a bit over $4M to buyout Petrino's contract but how do they even start discussions when Petrino can talk to them.

If fired without cause Petrino is due 3 years salary. That is between $12 to $14M depending on how they treat the $500,000 annual bonus for making grades. That did not change with Jurich leaving. This goes down the last 3 years of the contract since only the remaining years are due if fired. But the contract goes through 2023 I think.

I was talking to some coworkers today about this situation and they were saying it was $14MIL if the AD had stayed, now that the AD is gone and their's a new AD in, the buyout dropped to $500K, not sure where they got this info at...

The $500,000 is additional pay if grades are good. He’s owed a lot if he leaves anytime soon. Jurich definitely didn’t help things in that regard, not mattering if he’s gone or not.