3A #1 Boyle County vs 3A Garrard County

charlesw88

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Garrard County

Boyle County (6-0) will stay at home this week to play the Golden Lions of Garrard County (2-4). Both teams are coming off a much needed BYE week. Alot of teams are dealing with injuries but the Rebels have been dealing with it from their most impactful players.

Who wins? Why?

Garrard has the the ability to pack it in and grind out tough yards. But I doubt it is very effective this week. I'll be honest though, Garrard has won 2 more games this year at this point than I thought they would. Garrard is just lacking speed at a level they've rarely seen. They have been a respectable program the last several years and I believe Jerry Perry is doing as good of a job as I've seen this year. Nobody is ever happy about a 2-4 record but I think they've had a had a good year.

Garrard has the the ability to pack it in and grind out tough yards. But I doubt it is very effective this week. I'll be honest though, Garrard has won 2 more games this year at this point than I thought they would. Garrard is just lacking speed at a level they've rarely seen. They have been a respectable program the last several years and I believe Jerry Perry is doing as good of a job as I've seen this year. Nobody is ever happy about a 2-4 record but I think they've had a had a good year.

I too love Jerry Perry. He is the perfect man for the job no doubt. I have a ton of respect for him!

In regards to this game, I won't sugar coat it. It's going to get ugly and get ugly fast. Even without Reese Smith. They just don't have the horses to stay with a team of this caliber this year.

The Rebels will be missing at least 6 players that started the first game this year on Friday night due to injury or various other reasons. It will be a good test for some of the young players who work just as hard and usually only see the field during mop up time. Getting the opportunity to play when the outcome of the game is not decided will add a level of pressure that some of these players have not yet experienced.

The offensive and defensive lines will be missing a few key players and that could make for a much closer game than Rebel fans will be comfortable with. If they can give Reed enough time to get the passing game going I don't think the Lions offense will be able to match scores with Boyle.

Boyle wins by a bunch...but I really admire Garrard. I listened to the game vs Danville and it is not very often in HS you hear about a team scoring on a 20 play drive that takes 7 1/2 minutes. But Garrard did....time of possession in that game was absolutely ridiculous.

Boyle 56

Garrard 8

Boyle wins by a bunch...but I really admire Garrard. I listened to the game vs Danville and it is not very often in HS you hear about a team scoring on a 20 play drive that takes 7 1/2 minutes. But Garrard did....time of possession in that game was absolutely ridiculous.

Boyle 56

Garrard 8

Ed Rall would have been proud of that drive. :thumb: