Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prestonsburg vs. Sheldon Clark

Featured Replies

Thought I'd get this one started... I'll post my thoughts later.

This will be an all out brawl. A classic. I think P-burg will win a close one at home.

Sheldon Clark 28-17.

Man this will be a doozie.

Sheldon Clark is something of an enigma. After the Belfry game, they won unimpressively against PCC and Magoffin Co.

 

I think Sheldon Clark is better than PBurg, but if I was gambling, I wouldn't know how to bet this game!

I think SC will come to play and prove the first game between these two was a fluke...

 

SC 35, P-burg 14

 

A lot on the line here, the winner gets to lose to Belfry.

This should be a great game.

 

SC-24

P-Burg-21

  • Author

Here's what I expect to see from the teams Friday:

 

offense:

 

Sheldon Clark is a classic power running football team. So, of course, this will be the attack of choice. However...I think the Cardinals will try to pass a little more and a little sooner using a lot of play-action in this one.

 

Contrary to the way it's supposed to work, in the first game between these two teams, it was the pass that put SC in position to win at the end of regulation. Also, the SC Staff will have reviewed the P-burg/Belfry tape and took good notes. The Blackcats were hurt badly through the air in that one.

 

OTOH (and surprisingly), I think Prestonsburg will try VERY hard to establish a ball control run game with even less passing than the Blackcats typically put up. Whether it was an advantage in depth, conditioning, or phase of the moon, Prestonsburg unexpectedly gained control of the trenches in the 2nd half in the previous matchup.

 

defense:

 

I doubt either team will do anything substantially different than what was seen in the first game.

 

Relatively speaking, both teams' defenses outplayed the opposing offenses last time with help from the officials (who, IMO, were wayyy too flag-happy on each team).

 

Prestonsburg's defense is more of a gambling philosophy, placing LB's up and crowding the line attempting to reduce the percentage of opp. offensive runs that go 4 or more yds at the expense of an increased likelihood on giving up a big play. Sheldon Clark's defense is more a classic style, though the Cardinals pick their spots and like to bring pressure on long yardage.

 

special teams:

 

This was the REAL difference between the two teams in the first contest. P-burg won the field position game in the 2nd half with good punts/coverage while the SC kicker had problems with the mud (and maybe the P-burg rush - 1 or 2 kicks were touched). P-burg also kicked 2 FG's in the 2nd half to knot the contest in regulation. Additionally, P-burg has the ability to put it in the endzone on KO's.

 

What is THE determining factor to look for Friday ? IMO, field position will be the most important factor in the game.

 

 

Predictions:

 

(Sheldon Clark forced to punt from own 35 yd. line, or further, 2 times or less)

 

Sheldon Clark 33

Prestonsburg 17

 

 

(FOUR or more Prestonsburg possessions beginning at midfield or better)

 

Sheldon Clark 20

Prestonsburg 31

 

 

Overall - Sheldon Clark by 5

As much as I would love to see the Blackcats come away with a win this Friday night, the Pirate in me can't wait until November 10th when, hopefully, the Cardinals pull into CAM Stadium and meet the Belfry Pirates that should have showed up to play Oct. 13 in Martin Co. Nothing against the Blackcats, I will be pulling for you, but come the second round of the playoffs CAM Stadium will be rocking and ready when we get that rematch with Sheldon Clark.

 

Sheldon Clark: 27

Prestonsburg: 22

I think Pburg matches up really well with Sheldon Clark and will be fully capable of -pulling an upset,,, but, SC and Belfry in my opinion are on a collision course and the Cards honestly feel this is their year and their chance to make a push to Louisville.

 

I think that the game is neck and neck til about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd when SC kicks it up a notch.

 

SC 30

Pburg 21

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.