Corbin 28 Danville 10

charlesw88

Does anyone ever really think they will get a fair game called at Corbin. Ask Alchoa last year.

Why should it change now. My school played a playoff game there in the early 60's and put it in the end zone on 3 different drives and lost 10-0.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why should it change now. My school played a playoff game there in the early 60's and put it in the end zone on 3 different drives and lost 10-0.

Corbin had twice as many total offensive yards as Danville in the game along with getting called for twice as many penalties. Danville's lone TD was partly due to a blatant hold that allowed the runner to break into open field, so I'm not buying the cheating theme.

Corbin had twice as many total offensive yards as Danville in the game along with getting called for twice as many penalties. Danville's lone TD was partly due to a blatant hold that allowed the runner to break into open field, so I'm not buying the cheating theme.

Danville should never complain about or even question officiating. Reference last seasons homecoming game against Tates Creek. More home cookin than dinner at Granny's. Congratulations Corbin.

It's always the refs with some people, don't sweat it.

Is this the last season that Danville plays in this bowl game?

Probably so for now is what I'm hearing. Corbin and Danville were kind of playing in each others Bowl Games, but now that Corbin is tied in with the 1st Priority Bowl as well as the Pigskin Classic, they can't really commit to other bowl games.

I have heard Highlands may be coming to play next year and Bowling Green has also been mentioned.

Is this the last season that Danville plays in this bowl game?

I hope so. It’s an awesome atmosphere, and lots of fun things to do before and during the game (wish we could add some of their fun stuff to our bowl game) . But parking sucks. And after this last weekend, I’m ready to watch them play elsewhere next year.

I hope so. It’s an awesome atmosphere, and lots of fun things to do before and during the game (wish we could add some of their fun stuff to our bowl game) . But parking sucks. And after this last weekend, I’m ready to watch them play elsewhere next year.

I meant to add earlier in this thread that it's pretty bad to have to pay for parking for a high school game. They lower ticket prices by $2, but then charge you $5 to park.

I meant to add earlier in this thread that it's pretty bad to have to pay for parking for a high school game. They lower ticket prices by $2, but then charge you $5 to park.

The parking is not bad if you familiar with the side streets or time your arrival after some of the crowd from the first game leave. There is also free parking behind the Law Offices across the street and also at First Baptist Church down by the Post Office. I was able to park within a couple of hundred feet from the gate by waiting for the first game to end and have never paid to park at a Corbin game. Some of the parking for the Pigskin is also reserved for the sponsors who get parking passes close to the stadium.

The little Church down the street own those lots and raise money for their youth by charging for parking, so at least it's going to a good cause.

Maybe that's the issue. People who come from out of town just pull in and are immediately met with people selling parking in all directions. I don't think fans from out of town would even know there's a free option. I'm okay with giving $5 for a good cause (and church youth is a good cause).

Agreed. I knew it was a fundraiser so that did make it better, and I bet they raise a lot from it! This year- parking was actually better than last year. We had a dad that had to turn around and go back to Danville last year because there are no handicapped spots (unless the people told him wrong), and he couldn’t walk that far.

I've always wondered why schools don't charge for parking for games. Just a buck or two. All the complaining about not having funds and yet there is an easy revenue program parked in their laps. $5 is a little steep.