Lincoln Co. 41 Madison Central 7

modok

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from the game and Central got embarrassed tonight.

The first half was hard fought by both teams with Lincoln leading 12-0 when MC runs a hook and ladder play around the 50 yard line, fumbles the pitch, #5 for Lincoln picks up the fumble and runs it in for the score with no time on the clock to end the half. That play killed MC and it snowballed from there.

I knew the MC defense would struggle with the run, like they have all year, but Miller and Calhoun for Lincoln both had over 150 yards apiece. It looked like a freshman defense against a varsity offense.:rolleyes:

The MC offense moved the ball at times, but anytime they gained a 1st down it was coming back via penalty. That isn't an excuse for losing, but it just added to the cause.

MC has to regroup and will either play again at Lincoln next week, or at GRC. The three way tiebreaker has GRC winning it and getting the #2 seed, Central and Montgomery both have 2 points and I am not sure how this tie will be determined.

Got home late from the game. Been setting at Death Valley until they turned the lights out waiting on those 3TDs from Ricky Rhodes that Son of Bear promised us. Both the O and D for LC played a pretty good game tonight. Line play for LC was maybe the best tonight as it has been all season.

Got home late from the game. Been setting at Death Valley until they turned the lights out waiting on those 3TDs from Ricky Rhodes that Son of Bear promised us. Both the O and D for LC played a pretty good game tonight. Line play for LC was maybe the best tonight as it has been all season.

They may come in the rematch, if there is one.:D

No, in all honesty, I thought this would be a much closer game then it was.

Hats off to Lincoln, they dominated every phase of this game.

:laugh:

If the tie breaker thread is correct, MC`s chance at redemption is only six days away. :sssh:

GO PATS :dancingpa

Does anyone have the stats for #5 & #22 for LC. They really hit the holes and ran hard. It was announced at the game LC would be featured on Scholastic Ball Report with intervues including Coach French, Elliot, Miller, and Calhoun.

Lincoln Co. is hot baby!! They get out of that region, watch out in the semis!!! Would hate to play them when those 2 backs are rollin!!! Congrats Coach French and Patriot staff-they have the right mix of veteran and young coaches to get those kids to play at a very high level week in and week out; I know that they have 2 former Danville players on their staff(Clevenger, Jeremy Vaught) so congrats to those guys too..you are still part of the Admiral Nation but now you belong to the Patriot Pack!!!

I didnt think that Lincoln had it in them this season, but they did and they proved me wrong! It would've been nice to see them continue to play Boyle this season since Lincoln got pounded by them last year. I think that Lincoln could have put it to em this year. Congrats again and best of luck through the playoffs!