2018 Girls Soccer NKY Preview

Fly

The DA-Premier (the level at which players can still play high school) has 2 teams playing in the US Youth Soccer National Championship this week. The 2004's (freshman to be) made it to the Semifinals and play this weekend in the final 4.

Here are the NKY girls (that I know of) on that team and their high schools.

Ellie Drees - ?

Molly McNeil - Calvary Christian

Mya Gerak - Dixie (but playing DA next year)

Morgan Gerak - Dixie (but playing DA next year)

Megan Gessner - Highlands

Ella Simkonis - NDA

Gianna Virginillo - NDA

Not sure how many of these girls will contribute this upcoming season to their school, but a look at what's in the pipeline.

The U18 team has a lot of Ohio girls, but they too have made it to the National Semi-Finals and will play this weekend. I ma sure there are some NKY girls on the team, although I do not know which ones.

Both teams have well-represented the high quality of soccer in Cincinnati/Northern KY. Good luck this weekend!

I've been following them this week along with the KHA U13 that is playing in the championship game tomorrow night. They're also classified as a KY team.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton has a scrimmage this Saturday at SK vs defending state champs West Jessamine. JV starts at 530 V should kick off around 7. Should be a great early test for SK and good game between two of the better programs in the state over the last 3-4 years.

Simon Kenton has a scrimmage this Saturday at SK vs defending state champs West Jessamine. JV starts at 530 V should kick off around 7. Should be a great early test for SK and good game between two of the better programs in the state over the last 3-4 years.

And SK follows that up with Sacred Heart Wednesday night in a scrimmage. Zoeller isn't holding back.

He seems to always have a tough schedule to get his team ready for the post season even if it means taking a few Ls. SK also played in a Nike pre-season invitation a few weeks ago against some of the better teams in the Cincinnati area.

Because of the BIG GAME we will be streaming this one LIVE for the first time ever at Simon Kenton. Just picture us breaking ground with this game in Northern Kentucky. This game deserves that 1080P HD video and TV like broadcast.

I know there is a limit on pre-season scrimmages but not sure what that is. Does anybody know how many you can play and what the states definition of a scrimmage is? I know Bluegrass Games did not count as a scrimmage for the high school teams. Basically that one was a freebie.

I know there is a limit on pre-season scrimmages but not sure what that is. Does anybody know how many you can play and what the states definition of a scrimmage is? I know Bluegrass Games did not count as a scrimmage for the high school teams. Basically that one was a freebie.

2 scrimmages allowed.

If SK played in a Nike preseason tourn and now plays west jess and follows that with a game against SH are those considered scrimmages and if so isn't that to many . Just asking

That was going to be my next question as well. The OE Nike High School showcase should count as pre-season scrimmages according to the KHSAA rule book but I am not sure what the dates have to do with anything.