Favorite names of players you have watched

Certainly not my favorite, but definitely the most memorable:

With the renewal of gals basketball, we broadcast a tournament game in which one of the starters had the first name "Virgina." My boss was doing his game prep, had called the coach to check on starters, scoring averages, pronunciations, etc. and asked if that were a mis-spelling. Assured it was not, he asked the pronunciation. Yipes. He asked if she went by a nickname. She did not. "You and her teammates actually call her that?" "Yes."

Perhaps the most unfortunate part was that she had a sister on the team...so one couldn't just use the last name and still be accurate.

Definitely, the most memorable.

One lesson from said boss: Don't practice saying someone's name wrong...just for fun.

Let's face it: some of us have names that lend themselves to silliness. But we didn't practice such for someone whose name was going to be on-the-air. Too easy to slip...and actually say it with the microphone on. After all, broadcasters of high school games are talking to mommies and daddies, classmates, neighbors, etc.

There was a kid at Glasgow last season who had a great name. It is slipping my mind at the moment but I'm sure someone will know.

I think that was Silverio Rescontellio. I probably misspelled his name.

I remember watching Johnell Locke in 2004 play for JTown and he has remained one of my favorite players that I have watched in the state of KY.

I also remember watching Marcus Wright at Eminence and he was Reggie Bush before there was Reggie Bush