Rockies at Reds (6/5 - 6/7)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, another bone head play in the field last night.

If you're talking about the play where he wanted to go home with the throw, but Disco was in front of him, I'd hardly call that bonehead. He knows what the pitching staff has done this year, so any chance you can cut down a guy at the plate you almost always have to take it. It was just unfortunate that Disco was doing what he was supposed to do, too, and that was to cover first.

If you're talking about the play where he wanted to go home with the throw, but Disco was in front of him, I'd hardly call that bonehead. He knows what the pitching staff has done this year, so any chance you can cut down a guy at the plate you almost always have to take it. It was just unfortunate that Disco was doing what he was supposed to do, too, and that was to cover first.

Disco was in front of him after he pumped faked to home plate. If he goes straight to the base, Disco is nowhere around. Don't blame Disco, his indecision on that play was the problem.

Disco was in front of him after he pumped faked to home plate. If he goes straight to the base, Disco is nowhere around. Don't blame Disco, his indecision on that play was the problem.

I thought he was going home and Disco was in front of him on his way to cover first base, is why he couldn't throw it home. He had the guy out at home. So he had to double pump and it was too late to throw home and then just a mess.