Choose Between AP Exams and Competing in the State Track Meet?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, if they didnt start till 4pm, why didnt the students take the test at one of the Fayette County Schools that day?

Unlike the ACT, where you can sign up to take anywhere, I believe you can only take AP exams at your home school. Only students who are home-schooled or attend schools that don't offer AP can take it at other schools.

So you want to.....

A. Pay two venue sites

B. Splitt your KHSAA staff to run events at two places (when you already have a group running another event this same weekend - Tennis)

C. Have to pay for more workers to run two sites

D. For an event that is not cash positive to start with.

BTW, if they didnt start till 4pm, why didnt the students take the test at one of the Fayette County Schools that day?

This isnt band championships for petes sake. (I know you understand what I mean by that)

With the championships just lasting 5 hours each, I think the preferred schedule would be 2 classes on Saturday and one on Sunday afternoon.

How many kids did this affect? A state track event brings hundreds (thousands?) of kids to compete over the course of the weekend. I'm guessing a small percentage were involved in AP classes and an even smaller percentage were involved in the AP tests for those specific days. The KHSAA is in a no-win situation here where any changes runs conflict to other sporting events, graduations, and venue availability but keeping it as it hurts a few kids. No matter what they did people would complain.

Looking at the list of kids from our school that competed I think nearly all of them are in at least one AP class, luckily I don't think any of them had a conflict due to fortunate scheduling.