Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ludlow

Featured Replies

I am a fan of Aaron as well. There is certainly nothing wrong with hiring the local guy. Dan is not from Walton. Most people would assume he is. He runs their junior league. He is the primary coach for player development. He does most of their scouting.

 

On the other side, Aaron was successful with the Ludlow girls and the Connor girls. I don't see a downside to either.

 

Dan does most of the scouting for which grade level? I can assure you with 100% that he does not do most, or any, of the scouting for the varsity boys team and even he would tell you that. I do agree that he does a tremendous job with player development with all the grade levels.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?

Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?

 

I believe Dan grew up in Ludlow and went to school there for many years in early childhood before going to Fort Thomas, someone else may be able to confirm that.

Can anyone confirm that either Stamm or Sullivan have applied for the job? They are both at bigger and/or successful schools and both have jobs there, right?

I believe Dan grew up in Ludlow and went to school there for many years in early childhood before going to Fort Thomas, someone else may be able to confirm that.

 

He did. Not sure what year he left Ludlow but it was before high school.

Why in the name of everything that is Holy would an established coach, who is retired, want to become the coach of a small urban school that does not have a history of winning?

 

If you mean winning like regional titles you are correct. However in terms of records, Ludlow in bball has done pretty decent in bball. It comes in cycles at a small school. But they have had some good classes and good teams.

 

So while you may not win a regional title at Ludlow. You can put a team together that could compete to have a shot to make the region.

could compete to have a shot to make the region.

 

I just don’t see coaches that have been very successful coming out of retirement in the hopes that they “could compete to have a shot.”

 

I think we’re just throwing around possibilities for fun, Which is OK and why I think this website exists. Let’s be logical, if you were Sullivan, would kid low be a place you wanted to invest your retirement years?

He may not, but I would be much more interested in Ludlow if I were retired. I can't speak for Dan, he may not want this job, but he has proven he can coach. This job isn't about validation it's about love of the game. Small town, community support, allowed to put your stamp on the program.

I just don’t see coaches that have been very successful coming out of retirement in the hopes that they “could compete to have a shot.”

 

I think we’re just throwing around possibilities for fun, Which is OK and why I think this website exists. Let’s be logical, if you were Sullivan, would kid low be a place you wanted to invest your retirement years?

 

Well considering its pretty well known that he did apply for it two years ago when it was open. I don't think it would be a surprise if he did this time too.

I have on good authority that Stamm did apply for this job

Pretty good word that Sullivan applied as well. Will be interesting to see which route they go, don't think you can go wrong with either hire.

Both Stamm and Sullivan are excellent candidates. My preference would be for the one looking to stay at Ludlow for a while. I personally think Stamm would not only relate well with kids but understands the school and community a bit better than Sullivan. Just my opinion.

Dan Sullivan sent an email to the WV aau group that he has accepted the position at Ludlow.

Sullivan would be a good thing at Ludlow. Did Wofford step away or was it a non-renewal situation?

Sullivan would be a good thing at Ludlow. Did Wofford step away or was it a non-renewal situation?

 

According to the River City news at the latest Ludlow Board of Education meeting, Wofford is moving on to a new career. I have no idea what that entails (leaving the district or not).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.