Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turmoil in Ashland?

Featured Replies

I hate to see what has been going on at Ashland recently. Coaches have quit, players leaving, allegations of turning in misleading stats, coach and parents in shouting matches. Can't we all just get along?

Why would someone report false statistics from HS play? And to who? Games haven't even started in KY HS baseball. Don't most scouts/recruiters gather their own stats?

  • Author
Why would someone report false statistics from HS play? And to who? Games haven't even started in KY HS baseball. Don't most scouts/recruiters gather their own stats?

 

The reporting of false stats has happened, from what I gather, over the last couple of years. It has been reported that these false stats were given to KHSAA as well as the local news paper. I have my suspicions as to the reasoning behind this, but won't go in to that on here.

It can only be self-serving, if true. Seems to me that falsly reported stats would become obvious to anyone with a keen eye (scout, recruiter, etc.) when the kid is put to the test. And, if it's a parent doing it, teaching your kid to lie about it effects not only their sports career but also their personal life. Not worth it in the long run. But, some people seem to think it's not cheating if you don't get caught and, unfortunately teach that to their kids.

  • Author

I was also told, second hand, that a few college recruiters were asking info about one player and that the coach refused to give them anything in reference to said player. That player ended up at another school...

What sport are we talking about here?

What sport are we talking about here?

 

Baseball.

 

This thread was originally in the Baseball forum, and then was re-located to the Controversial Issues forum, for obvious reasons.

I mean...at what point does someone in administration going to decide it's time to put a stop to this circus like atmosphere. What an embarrasment to the entire area. I hate seeing things like this when narcissistic fools are allowed to reign without oversite. Keeping my fingers crossed this gets taken care of quickly.

Baseball.

 

This thread was originally in the Baseball forum, and then was re-located to the Controversial Issues forum, for obvious reasons.

 

Thanks, I was wondering if it was baseball. Last night, I noticed a post on facebook from one of the baseball players father that seemed like something was really off and that it would all come out today. I haven't checked the facebook today though.

Just spoke with someone about it and yeah, it's a mess. It seems as though everything in this thread is true. I was told that West Carters coach was fired for falsifying stats, could that happen to Lemaster?

This makes no sense why someone would purposefully inflate statistics to KHSAA unless they'd want to increase a kid's scholarship chances. Even then, that doesn't seem like it would be possible to pull off.

This makes no sense why someone would purposefully inflate statistics to KHSAA unless they'd want to increase a kid's scholarship chances. Even then, that doesn't seem like it would be possible to pull off.

 

Why would someone create false birth certificates for players from other teams to show they are older than what they actually are to get teams removed from playoffs due to using alleged ineligible players.

Why would someone create false birth certificates for players from other teams to show they are older than what they actually are to get teams removed from playoffs due to using alleged ineligible players.

 

I feel like you're referring to a very real situation that I should know about but don't. Can you reference it?

I feel like you're referring to a very real situation that I should know about but don't. Can you reference it?

 

Not without breaking TOS. I will pm you later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.