Burfict facing 4 game suspension again

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. This seems like a witch hunt. It wasn't for banned substances, it was for PEDs. IF you are out for the season and are prescribed steroids or something else, you should be ok. I wonder if he didn't release that to the NFL at the time of the prescription or something isn't being reported accurately by Burfict's camp.

Aren’t ped’s banned substances in the NFL? And he tested positive before he was out for season. And it doesn’t really matter because they are banned all year, not just during the season.

Aren’t ped’s banned substances in the NFL? And he tested positive before he was out for season. And it doesn’t really matter because they are banned all year, not just during the season.

All PEDs are banned substances, but not all banned substances are PEDs. He didnt test positive for street drugs. Potentially he could win. Additionally,

I read the test took place on 12/27. He was done by then.

All PEDs are banned substances, but not all banned substances are PEDs. He didnt test positive for street drugs. Potentially he could win. Additionally,

I read the test took place on 12/27. He was done by then.

He wasn’t listed as inactive with the Bengals until 12/30 though. I don’t see any way he wins an appeal even if it was prescribed for his injuries. Every player knows there are banned substances and they have a number to call to clear any medicine they take. I hope it wasn’t prescribed by the team doctor as that would be a huge mistake. My guess it came from his personal doctor and no one cleared it with the NFL.

No thanks. He is a middle linebacker that can't play middle linebacker. That is why the Bengals always put him at weak side he can't call the plays or make adjustments.

You do realize even though he may not be in the middle he is the one calling the plays. He is the one making the adjustments once an offense comes to the line.

I know you mostly post stuff to get reactions. But man it's seriuosly old the amount of un true stuff you post on here when you literally have no clue on what you are saying on some topics.

He’s only played in just over 50% of the games in the last 4 years. This suspension also voids all the guaranteed money in his contract. If the Bengals want out, they can do it cheap now.

What’s the old saying? The greatest ability is availability?

Burfict’s argument is basically that he was on prescribed meds to recover from the concussion and shoulder injury he suffered. The failed test happened after he was already ruled out for the season. He may have a case.

He may have a case if this is all true.

On balance, there is a waiver process players can utilize if they want to use something on the banned list. This stuff is pounded into their heads, so I generally don’t garner much sympathy. Obviously there is more to be released with this story.

You do realize even though he may not be in the middle he is the one calling the plays. He is the one making the adjustments once an offense comes to the line.

I know you mostly post stuff to get reactions. But man it's seriuosly old the amount of un true stuff you post on here when you literally have no clue on what you are saying on some topics.

Wrong Minter or Rey called plays and made adjustments.

Wrong Minter or Rey called plays and made adjustments.

Um no you are wrong. Rey didn't call the plays. Burfict is the one who had the radio in his helmet. Burfict is the one who called the plays in the huddle and Burfict is the one who makes the adjustments at the line. Pretty well known that Burfict is considered the smartest player on the Bengals defense in terms of x and os. Please just stick to stuff that you know about and not just guessing at.

Um no you are wrong. Rey didn't call the plays. Burfict is the one who had the radio in his helmet. Burfict is the one who called the plays in the huddle and Burfict is the one who makes the adjustments at the line. Pretty well known that Burfict is considered the smartest player on the Bengals defense in terms of x and os. Please just stick to stuff that you know about and not just guessing at.

I disagree.