Mercer County 74 Mercy 34 (2018 Sweet 16® State Championship)

How was the crowd yesterday? Looked really small via some pictures I saw.

That wouldn't be surprising to me if it was small since UK was on at 1pm. The boys' tournament will suffer this week with UK on Thursday night and especially the state semi's will really suffer with a potential UK vs Arizona match-up on Saturday night.

The crowd for Mercy was pretty low. Have no idea how many kids attend Mercy? Do know it is private as well as all-an girls school. Overheard some Mercy fans complain there were not more students there to support their team.

I do get it though re it being a girls venue versus boys. Gave up fighting that battle a long time ago though -- is what it is. What's sad is the battle to just make a state title game is SOOOO difficult and fleeting and then to not support your school for that once in a lifetime event is just disappointing for all girls basketball.

Oh well, as said above -- is what it is. Even UK Men's Basketball had lower attendance this year versus past year's. Many, many other things to do today versus watch a basketball game which is fine. Hate to see some of the teams that played last week not get the support they have worked their guts out for and deserve!

The crowd for Mercy was pretty low.

Yes, it was probably 70% Mercer Fans, 15% Mercy Fans, and 15% were there to be converted by Pastor Souder. I know I am now a true believer. Impressive!

BTW, tis' about the season. How about getting me a tee time?

Congrats to Mercer Co. and Coach Souder for a great run. Plus, I understand that this strictly a "homegrown" group of young ladies, to boot. Hats off to all.

If that's true that these ladies were homegrown that's great and not the norm. In this day and time the parity isn't the best with all the transfers that go on.

Tee time? Have heard pastors and golf are 2 things that don't mix the best. Will be glad to make an accommodation however and deliver the good word on the links if necessary. Might be best to be prepared to endure a good tail whippin while we're out there though!