Open Job: Prestonsburg

I was told last night that the principal that fired Coach D doesn’t even send her children to the Floyd County school district. I mean how is this allowed to happen in a district? How could a system employ someone in an administrative position that doesn’t even send her children to that district? All this just stinks in my opinion.

Does she the principal live within the district of her school?

Would you be just as irked if a public school administrator was sending their kid(s) to private schools?

Does she the principal live within the district of her school?

Would you be just as irked if a public school administrator was sending their kid(s) to private schools?

Well the education in EKY isn't exactly what experts would call "the best." I understand if the Principal sends her kids to Piarist. It is a top notch academic school that is byfar and away better than any public school in EKY. The only school that may give it a run for its money is Pikeville Independent.

Well the education in EKY isn't exactly what experts would call "the best." I understand if the Principal sends her kids to Piarist. It is a top notch academic school that is byfar and away better than any public school in EKY. The only school that may give it a run for its money is Pikeville Independent.

Well if she is Principal at Pburg High School and she feels that Pburg schools are not good enough for her to send her kids to, maybe she might want to look at FIRING herself. She is responsible for the education of Pburg High School.

I don't want to waylay this thread into a discussion about where the principal is sending their kids to school. It's a good topic, but this thread should stick to the "Open Job" matter.

I went ahead and started a new thread that can address the topic of the principal. @Czar @Calico Jack @Cats3x @TribePride @TallTrees I would love to hear what you folks have to say in that thread.

Should school administrators send their own kids to the school system they work for?

I was told last night that the principal that fired Coach D doesn’t even send her children to the Floyd County school district. I mean how is this allowed to happen in a district? How could a system employ someone in an administrative position that doesn’t even send her children to that district? All this just stinks in my opinion.

Believe it or not it happens OFTEN

Does the unprofessional manner in which Coach D was let go impact how many quality coaches apply for this job? Looking back at the recent records, this school has had the success rate that many schools would love to have over the last 20 years. Minimal loses in district play, a few of those L's in district play came to eventual State Champions, Belfry and Breathitt.

180-101 in his time at Prestonsburg. Before that he had a great term as HFC at Betsy Layne.

John gets the job done. This is the same thing when Harlan wanted to fire Tom Larky. Its the nature of the beast now.

Watchout Philip Haywood.....

• 1 year later...